GDT: 3/7/2022 Toronto Maple Leafs @ Your New Jersey Devils, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

The Devils will definitely have to cut out the mistakes in their own end against Toronto. I'm hoping Jacks line will look a bit more in sync with each other and that the Palat line continues its strong play.

Make a statement and get a win boys - LGD!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

The Devils will definitely have to cut out the mistakes in their own end against Toronto. I'm hoping Jacks line will look a bit more in sync with each other and that the Palat line continues its strong play.

Make a statement and get a win boys - LGD!

Probably going to look a little out of sync again today since I imagine they were off for travel yesterday.  They need to get a few good practices in.  They play 9 games in the next 15 days.  That's rough.

35 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Probably going to look a little out of sync again today since I imagine they were off for travel yesterday.  They need to get a few good practices in.  They play 9 games in the next 15 days.  That's rough.

Yeah this is part of the reason that I don’t expect the Devils to pass Carolina (much as I will keep hoping it happens regardless).  Since that 1-7-1 slump they’ve managed to go 19-4-4.  Kinda feels like between the schedule and Timo needing some time to adjust (and VV fighting through a funk), that we might see some losses here and there.

It’s actually pretty insane that the Devils have gone 40-8-5 apart from that one slump.  Never thought they’d be that good so quickly.

Just now, devlman said:

LGD! Timo home debut!

I get to see him on 3/12, but wish I was there for this one.  Can't wait to see him truly settle in...very rare that players don't need some amount of games to adjust.

I know there's obvious exceptions, but one guy that I remember going to a new team and IMMEDIATELY tearing it up (and even far surpassing his previous performance) was John LeClair.  He goes from being a decent, 40-something point guy as a Canadien to scoring 17 goals (and adding 14 assists) in his first 19 games with the Flyers...just had that instant chemistry with Lindros.  Basically in what amounted to 5 seasons and change (441 GP), he wound up averaging over 48 G per 82 GP, before seeing his numbers drop.  I don't think even the Flyers saw that coming.  

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I get to see him on 3/12, but wish I was there for this one.  Can't wait to see him truly settle in...very rare that players don't need some amount of games to adjust.

I know there's obvious exceptions, but one guy that I remember going to a new team and IMMEDIATELY tearing it up (and even far surpassing his previous performance) was John LeClair.  He goes from being a decent, 40-something point guy as a Canadien to scoring 17 goals (and adding 14 assists) in his first 19 games with the Flyers...just had that instant chemistry with Lindros.  Basically in what amounted to 5 seasons and change (441 GP), he wound up averaging over 48 G per 82 GP, before seeing his numbers drop.  I don't think even the Flyers saw that coming.  

John LeClair was a bad bad man on Philly. The instant chemistry like you said had a lot to do with it.

Timo and Jack got their wires crossed a few times in Arizona. You could see Timo is all over the offensive zone, so Jack has to learn where he likes to go.

But the guy I want to see something from tonight is Bratt. In Arizona, he looked to pass every single time. It became obvious that he was telegraphing his intentions. He needs to keep the defense honest and drive the net and take some shots at times. He’s the kind of guy with two superstars on his line that he would really be in ‘defer’ mode and that’s not what we need.

• Like 2

Tonight, our Devils host the Toronto Maple Leafs.  A storied franchise with a fan base that is proud of their “original six” tradition.  As they should, it’s the only way they can win a cup, when there are only 6 teams to compete against.  So, spring is approaching and it’s time to cleanup.  The Devils can start with a good old fashioned leaf burning.

Let’s Go Devils!!!!!!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Ruff going right back to Vanecek tonight per Amanda. Also, no Lazar yet as he’s still dealing with immigration issues. Should be joining the team tomorrow or the next day. 

I didn’t realize immigrating from Canada to the US was this much of a pain in the ass lol

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I didn’t realize immigrating from Canada to the US was this much of a pain in the ass lol

It has do with work visa.  A bit different from just immigrating. 🙂

Edited by StarDew
Typo
  • Like 1