GDT: Devils @ Caps - 9 March - 7p - MSG/ESPN+

jagknife

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe it was all about a sheltered kid adjusting to a new experience, but at the time I was definitely nervous about the crowd.  They were an angry bunch...not funny, just angry.

It's as if they were all channeling Dale Hunter.

10 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Oh yea let’s just break up the one line that’s actually been working🤦‍♂️

I hear you, but I'm intrigued with the idea of sticking Boqvist with Hughes and Meier. It's a great opportunity for Boqvist, who's really been playing well. Hope it works out.

• Like 1

Maybe these line changes are more about spreading around the talent because it looked like our top two lines kept getting locked up in the neutral zone the last game.

Let's see if it works, otherwise I will join you all on the wtf wagon lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm confused about Lazar....guy played 43 games for Vancouver this season, how does he not have a Visa? 

Anyway, hopefully we get back in the W column tonight. Caps don't have our number anymore the way they used to for the past several years.  Would like to see Jack scoring more again.

Let's Go Devils.

7 hours ago, jagknife said:

So I’m guessing cause he’s a Canadian now going to be working for a US team, it has something to do with taxes and immigration and whatnot.

What I don’t understand is that for a league that has existed for over 100 years, Americans playing in Canada and vice versa is literally nothing new, how hasn’t this process been streamlined.

Hell, they let us have TSA Precheck now, and the “strict” security has only been a thing for 20+ years.

From what I read it's more to do with immigration offices being short staffed and even being behind still from the covid shutdowns.

The Red Bulls have had some issues with getting some guys and even coaches over here quicker the past few seasons because of visa issues. 

One would think that professional sports teams would be able to grease the wheels a little bit and jump to the front of the line but guess it's nice to see the government really doesn't give a sh!t and they can wait like the rest of us lol

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Is this guy on some watch list or something? How hard is it to get a damn work visa?!

Not quite in the same vein but when Bernie Nicholls found out the Oilers had traded him to the Devils, he couldn’t have been more thrilled.  So he hops in his car and speeds off to the airport…and quickly gets pulled over and is given a ticket.  He then pulls back onto the highway and several minutes later assumes he’s in the clear and reintroduces his pedal to the metal…a couple of minutes later the same cop comes flying up behind him, pulls him over AGAIN and gives him ANOTHER ticket.  Supposedly Bernie said something along the lines “Remind me again why I hated playing here”, heh heh.

At least he actually got here in time.  Hope we can eventually say the same for Lazar.  Geez.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Brunette officially needs to figure this out. All teams have to do right now if pressure the puck carrier and the PP is totally obsolete. 

The whole team is playing flat footed.

Hell that last caps chance was cause guys were just gliding.

They gotta get back to playing quick hockey