GDT: Devils @ Caps - 9 March - 7p - MSG/ESPN+

jagknife

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I was begging for Haula, I got Meier, and we won… thank god.

Schmid deserved that more than anyone in white

Did you notice on the bench he wasn't looking when Meier shot. lol He had his head turned and he was looking at Mercer and waiting for his reaction. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Mercer and Siegs were both pretty good, too. 

Oh no question, but after the Vegas SOL, he deserved tonight’s W badly

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Did you notice on the bench he wasn't looking when Meier shot. lol He had his head turned and he was looking at Mercer and waiting for his reaction. 

Haha I did see a few players not watching

Two games in a row with no points for Jack now. 50 goals is definitely out of the question at this point. And even 100 points might be tough. He probably still has a decent shot at breaking Elias’ single season record of 96 points. Needs to get back to scoring soon though. Seems like he has a nagging injury. And all these games so close together aren’t helping. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Two games in a row with no points for Jack now. 50 goals is definitely out of the question at this point. And even 100 points might be tough. He probably still has a decent shot at breaking Elias’ single season record of 96 points. Needs to get back to scoring soon though. Seems like he has a nagging injury. And all these games so close together aren’t helping. 

50 and 100 aren’t dead yet AFAIC, but he’s gonna need to go on some 5 goals in 3 games kind of tear soon.  And yeah, starting to wonder if some physical issue is affecting him.  He looks like a guy who’s doing a pretty good imitation of what Jack brings, but doesn’t seem like the real thing.  

• Like 1

Can't believe they rolled Nico out there with his 0% shootout average. Jack sucks at it too. Would rather see Severson out there than either of them at this point. 

Akira was clutch in the shootout and the great the entire game. Really hope he can keep it up so we can ship Blackwood off to wherever for good. 

Nice to see Timo come up clutch but he needs to stop taking penalties with basically no time left in important moments. 

Would really like to see the team string together some regulation wins this weekend and next week vs Tampa. We gotta start finishing teams off in regulation with not much time left in the regular season if we wanna make any noise in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Robbie Ftorek, it needs to be done.  I’m somehow convinced if you took the entire Bruins team and put a Devils jersey on them they too would collapse.  I’m convinced it’s the jersey.

You still “convinced”

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You still “convinced”

For the most part I am.  I’ve been a pessimist for most of my life when it comes to the teams I root for (no shocker there).  I’ve just suffered what feels like forever with the Devils, been way too long.  I just need, not want, I need this team to do well this year.  I know they’re “ahead” of schedule but since I (ok, we) have suffered for so long I can’t help but be greedy even though they surpassed anyone’s expectations for this year.

I think we can say Blackwood’s career with the Devils is effectively over. Schmid is not only here to stay but he’s the better goalie of all 3 right now.

I am getting frustrated watching Bratt over-pass constantly. Take a damn shot once in a while, man. Not sure how he managed three shots on goal. I vaguely remember one…

MSG’s broadcasts continue to suck. It’s completely random which replays they decide to show. Game-saving, grade A scoring chance that miraculously doesn’t go? No replay for you so that Erika can repeat the same ‘upcoming intermission’ spot. 

Huge win at the end of the day. They deserved it. Completely dominated the Caps. Can Carolina lose a game just once?

• Like 2