GDT: NJ @ panthers. 6pm

pumpkin cutter

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Schmid is absolutely goalie'ing them. That last sequence in the Panthers' PP was insane. Schmid just covers up so much in his butterfly and then when the cross-crease play comes, he just extends his right leg to cover the entire lower net. 

The technical stuff is superb for Schmid. Numbers are insane. He's outplaying Vanny right now. 

For all the guys who complain about us never goalie'ing other teams, this is a display right now. 

Keep both him and VV fresh, go with the hot hand once the playoffs roll around.

Profit

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

Cannot say enough about Schmid. Goalie of the present and the future. What a gem he’s developed into.

Not sure about his future but it is VERY nice to see someone from within showing some promise.  He’s been a fun story for sure.

Devils have two goalies that are both competent and have often been even better than that.  Probably have to go back to in-his-prime Schneider and Kinkaid (who was solid most of the time until he was asked to do too much).

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

finish it off. give akira his well deserved shut out. 

I’d live to see Nico net #30 as well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

relax i don't jinx

Yes you do apparently

• Like 3

Ok guys maybe now you can help your goalie out?  He’s been bailing you guys out all game.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I rally want Jack to get it going. Plzzz jack look like Jack.

It’s either a wrist issue or a shoulder. I saw someone recently bring up the slash to his wrist against Vancouver. Which would explain his shot not being there, and also how much the puck is rolling of his stick. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

It’s either a wrist issue or a shoulder. I saw someone recently bring up the slash to his wrist against Vancouver. Which would explain his shot not being there, and also how much the puck is rolling of his stick. 

If that is true and he is hurt, wtf are they playing him for?