2023 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Yeah I haven't been this annoyed at an entire organization since the 2010 MacLean Devils, and that includes a lot of horsesh!t Jet teams...but really none of them until this year's team were expected to do fvck all anyway.  Okay maybe I was this annoyed when Adam Gase managed to beat the Rams and screw us out of Trevor Lawrence at 0-13.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

2023 Verlander: 21ER in 7 starts
2022 Verlander: 34ER in 28 starts

Woof

Yeah this season has been almost cruelly “lol Mets”.  Right down to their “loudest” signings not working out well at all.

Mets need to see if there’s a market for Robertson.  There’s no reason for him to be on a team like this.

Mets go down 1-2-3 in the top of the 10th…because of course they do.  Team is done.  

Wow, couldn’t have been more predictable, truly.  Great bunch of gutless p*ssies you assembled there Billy.

This is as detestable of a Mets team as I’ve ever seen.  I can’t remember seeing a team THIS soft.

Get Eppler the fvck outta here.  He couldn’t win with a $500 million payroll.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Repulsive and shameful how gutless this team is vs Atlanta (and in general this year) they should be embarrassed. Time for Cohen to take action. I have no faith in Eppler at all or this teams core. He did an atrocious job this offseason

Nogosek, Hunter? This isnt a bullpen it's utter garbage. And Verlander thanks for 3 sh!t innings. Suddenly he has no clue how to pitch

Edited by '7'
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Repulsive and shameful how gutless this team is vs Atlanta (and in general this year) they should be embarrassed. Time for Cohen to take action 

I’d clean house myself (except for the kids and a few others), but doubt Cohen goes too crazy this soon.

Buck could use some smelling salts. Is he even alive this year?

48 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1667006474495688705?s=20

We could have got this ‘analysis’ from Luis Rojas. Even Terry Collins wouldn’t have been this dense after an embarrassing sweep and six game losing streak where you find every which way to lose.

I’d expect this from Mickey Callaway.  Buck apparently had a lobotomy this offseason.

44 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I literally went to bed at 10-6 not wanting to stay up till past midnight for the inevitable and…I wasn’t wrong (sigh)

The funny thing I 100% KNEW they were losing that game, even up 10-6.  As soon as d'Arnaud hit the two-run shot to pull them to within 10-9, I knew there no WAY they were taking that one-run lead home.  No WAY.

First guy I'd explore moving is Robertson...not because he blew the save, but because he's still good most of the time and he has some value.  Then I start trying to dump some vets.

This team is as dead as dead gets.  I don't care if they're technically in the WC hunt...I don't care if they somehow sweep the Pirates to get back to .500...they're DONE.  Scherzer and Verlander are Scherzer and Verlander in name only.  Senga is the latest Mets Japanese import to come here and disappoint.

Klapisch should start gathering notes to write a sequel.  Hell, Torborg can come back at 81 years old for old time's sake (literally).  He probably has more energy than Buck Callaway does at this point.

Syndergaard on the IL...not injured, basically the Dodgers don't know what else to do with him and are trying a "reset".  He's close to finished.  

The Mets manage a whopping three hits as their massive one-game winning streak comes to an end.  And of course the Mets’ gazillion-dollar loser in Lindor starts off the ninth inning with a whiff.  God this guy sucks.

15 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Losing eight of nine going into the Yankee series, what could possibly go wrong?

No Judge and no Alonso.  Definitely takes a lot of starch out of this series.

This season is getting longer by the game.  I know they haven't fallen out of the WC race yet, but NOTHING points to the Mets going on some 15-out-of-20 rampage.  That's really what they need at this point.

BTW, Kelenic got off to a flying start...and has cooled WAAAAAY off and is looking more and more like the guy who looked overwhelmed at the major league level:

Since April 17, he's slashing .239/.304/.432 and has struck out 65 times over his last 47 games.  In his last 15 games, he's slashing .167/.274/.296 and has whiffed in 27 out of 62 plate appearances; he also has a .308 BABIP over those 15 games, which suggests that this latest funk is not based purely on bad luck.

Overall numbers for 2023 still look respectable overall, but can't help but wonder for how much longer.  

Scherzer can really go screw.  In the process of not getting it done with a lead yet again.

And the Yanks take the lead.  fvck right off Max…buy a ticket for the next rocket headed to the sun and take your pal Verlander with you.  And save a seat for Eppler while you’re at it.

I hope Max gets booed mercilessly tonight.  He’s fvcking earned it.