Brylin signs 3 year deal

Z-Man

http://www.nypost.com/sports/devils/27108.htm

August 19, 2004 -- Repaying loyalty, the Devils are signing Sergei Brylin to a three-year contract, The Post has learned.

An unrestricted free agent, Brylin is the only forward to win three Stanley Cups with the Devils.

The signing could be announced as early as today, sources say. Financial terms of the deal were not available, but Brylin earned $1.55 million last season and could expect a raise reflecting his tenure and standing with the team.

Brylin was a Group V unrestricted, a 10-year vet making less than the $1.8 million average NHL salary.

The 30-year-old Moscow native went 14-19-33 and plus 10 last season, playing all 82 games for the first time in his career. He stands plus-66 since 1997-98 and plus-44 over the past four seasons.

A center regularly asked to play wing, Brylin has been a favorite of each of his coaches, as well as his teammates, twice voted the team's Unsung Hero, along with a Players' Player award. He was the Devils' second-round pick in 1992.

See Madden and Brylin are core guys. All the other short term deals bum me out -- I mean it's a clear statement on who is and who isn't expendable - and I think most of the time it was down to the players to decide. Thank goodness Brylin is here! :evil:

I think next year if Stevens is back then Madden has to have an A. I dont' think Elias is our indisputable next captain and I think Madden's got to get out there and practice his diplomacy... yet i do think Nieds and elias are best with the A's in the short term. :noclue: awe heck I dunno! Whatever :evil: just HAVE a season OK? :pray:

Well I don't trust them either but to be fair the Post DIDN'T screw up the Madden story (even the numbers were about right I think). But yeah it seems like it's at least closer to happening.

Still nothing on the NHLPA website about compensation though.

Edited by Hasan4978

maybe... :blink:

doo doo doo doo

doo doo doo doo

theme from "Jaws" ?

:unsure:

supose to be "Twilight Zone", but I guess it does look more like "Jaws"

lol, sorry it has been a LONG day/week!

doo doo doo doo

theme from "Jaws" ?