GDT: 4/6/2023, Johnny Failures @ Devils, 7:00, MSG2

Colorado Rockies 1976

I went to the game yesterday with my family for the first time since COVID. We had such a blast. My daughters are finally getting into hockey. It sure helps help when the star player is a cute looking guy like Jack.
At some point I started to get worried if they would run out of animations for the “WOO counter” in the end. They didn’t
My daughter started to Google what the most goals scored in an NHL game was. Apparently it is 16. We only got halfway there.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Hey, does anyone have footage or video of the Kevin Bahl fight, or when Nico "was standing up for himself after getting punched like 10 times" per Ruff in the post-game interviews?

If it is not to be found or doesn't exist, can someone tell me what I missed? Had to work tonight and missed the game. 

Saw this one on HF, Nico was getting punched in the back of the head a few times before this video started... 

10 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Hey, does anyone have footage or video of the Kevin Bahl fight, or when Nico "was standing up for himself after getting punched like 10 times" per Ruff in the post-game interviews?

If it is not to be found or doesn't exist, can someone tell me what I missed? Had to work tonight and missed the game. 

https://streamable.com/5bk0sf

26 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That pos Sweezy got sent back down to the minors where he belongs... 

Okay, yeah. I was going to say after seeing the footage, Ruff was right, he cross-checks him back of the head 4-5 times, the puck moves away, and then he checks him two or three more times to the back and to the ice. Hischier literally turns around and faces him and is like, "What are you doing?" 

Tatar dropped the gloves and Bahl got right in there. Should have probably been a cross-checking call after that 5th time and the puck/play moved away from Hischier. I guess Hischier took a roughing call, but jeez. 

Ruff was right about good to see them standing up for themselves when the refs aren't calling it. That's a great part of the sport that you don't just have to take sh!t. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That pos Sweezy got sent back down to the minors where he belongs... 

Seriously fvck that no-talent scrub piece of sh!t.  And of course the refs don’t do a fvcking thing.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Okay, yeah. I was going to say after seeing the footage, Ruff was right, he cross-checks him back of the head 4-5 times, the puck moves away, and then he checks him two or three more times to the back and to the ice. Hischier literally turns around and faces him and is like, "What are you doing?" 

Tatar dropped the gloves and Bahl got right in there. Should have probably been a cross-checking call after that 5th time and the puck/play moved away from Hischier. I guess Hischier took a roughing call, but jeez. 

Ruff was right about good to see them standing up for themselves when the refs aren't calling it. That's a great part of the sport that you don't just have to take sh!t. 

On the post game show Chico loved that Tatar got in there pretty quick and came out with no penalty lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Nico got pushed around. Bahl separated the scrum. It was nothing

Yeah, let the boys play, but that was shameful by the refs letting that go.  It’s not like Nico is a Wilson or Marchand kind of player.  This is the team captain, a star and a what a believe a Selke candidate.

I also put blame on the league.  I’ve said it before, there is no clear consensus regarding how rough they want the sport to be.  For years they wanted to eliminate fighting and minimize the open ice hits and cheap shots, but this is not how it gets done.  Letting the boys play results into chaos, retaliatory hitting and fighting, and ultimately injury.

Personally, I enjoyed the 90s and early 2000s style hockey and I enjoy todays fast paced and skill style hockey.  That said, GMs, coaches and players need to know what the consensus is and what to expect.