Watching our Devils in the playoffs

AEWHistory

So the title gives away the plot:  essentially I am trying to nail down a way to watch the Devils in the playoffs.  I’ve looked in thestreamable.com and it says I can get MSG on Fubo and DTV.  Hwoever, neither of them shows MSG as being available and if the Fubo/DTV websites don’t mention MSG I would think it is because they’re not carrying it, no?

So I am confused—it happens easily so that’s not a surprise—how do you guys get MSG?  please don’t say thru your cable provider…. But probably thru cable?  Also, do we know if other networks might carry the Devils like one of the ESPNs?

As always, thanks for any help,

aaron 

It’s sad that this Devils-Rags, which will have by far the best atmospheres of all series, will be broadcasted by sh!tty MSG. The network that makes it seem there is no crowd and that the announcers are calling the game from a phone booth.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikemarc1 said:

All playoff games will be nationally televised by ESPN and Turner. So that's an option....though I think they'll be blacked out in the first round in NY area?

Subscribe to a VPN services, set your location to the west coast and enjoy the national broadcast! 

Is this true about the first round being blacked out here in NJ?

I am another unfortunate Comcast victim, so I use OnHockey and then the games ESPN+ that for some reason the last 4 have all been available, but I was really hoping I would be able to not deal with this for the playoffs.

If this is the case, I might have to go the VPN route and I know nothing about them other than they work well.

Can I find a free one, since I have no intention of using it once the first round would be over because I can't imagine more than the first round being blacked out??

If I get one is there a favorite that folks here have used, especially if any of them are free, or even free for 30 days or two weeks, because then I can cancel?

Thank you to anyone who has information, still hoping these don't get blacked out so I don't have to do this, but yeah any help is appreciated either way.

• Like 1

So I have a confession to make: I have never set up a VPN.  I’m pretty sure it stands for Virtual Private Network, but there my knowledge begins and ends.  Anyway, this is probably an ignorant question but how does a VPN help watch the devils?  Because you can set it to different broadcast areas?  I suppose this would be a solution to being blacked out in certain areas.

Hopefully last question: are there different VPN apps?  Any recommendations for someone simply minded.  😋

as always, thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEWHistory said:

So I have a confession to make: I have never set up a VPN.  I’m pretty sure it stands for Virtual Private Network, but there my knowledge begins and ends.  Anyway, this is probably an ignorant question but how does a VPN help watch the devils?  Because you can set it to different broadcast areas?  I suppose this would be a solution to being blacked out in certain areas.

Hopefully last question: are there different VPN apps?  Any recommendations for someone simply minded.  😋

as always, thanks!

I've only used ExpressVPM very briefly, and only as an app on my phone. Apparently you can set it up somehow on your internet modem. 

The way VPNs work is pretty much exactly as you said. It generates a proxy IP address to make it look as if the user is connected from a different area. 

Let's say you live in the UK, and there's a particular Netflix show you want to watch, but it's only available in the US. You can set your VPN to display as if you're connected from NYC, and then you'll have access to all of the American region-locked content. I used it on my phone early in the season to watch a few in-market Devils games by telling it to change my location to Phoenix AZ.

Howdy everyone, 

I just wanted to follow up with some info that may be useful to you all.  I splurged and got the free-trial of Fubo and they do carry MSG, you would need a NY zip code.  OTOH, I simply changed my zip in the Fubo panel and got MSG.  Not sure if this will last, but for now it seems I can watch the Devils win tomorrow night.

• Like 2

I know someone with Comcast, who said the Isles home on ESPN was not blacked out last night. And I think Erika tweeted that out too. No blackouts on the national broadcast, even though the locals are broadcasting too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eldon said:

I know someone with Comcast, who said the Isles home on ESPN was not blacked out last night. And I think Erika tweeted that out too. No blackouts on the national broadcast, even though the locals are broadcasting too. 

It watched the Isles game and prayed the Devils wouldn't be blacked out too.  Reading this :clap::dance::yea:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eldon said:

Thank you for posting, I really hope this is the case as I want to watch the game on my tv rather than my laptop.

My only fear is the difference between ESPN not blocking it out but then TNT having different rules and doing so.

Comcast and MSG both suck.

Edited by Patrick Sundstrom Ghost
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Thank you for posting, I really hope this is the case as I want to watch the game on my tv rather than my laptop.

My only fear is the difference between ESPN not blocking it out but then TNT having different rules and doing so.

Comcast and MSG both suck.

Totally agree with bolded. They better not have different rules.  I will go from:yea: to :evilcry:

Edited by StarDew