2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Just now, Puckbuster said:

I also want the Bruins to get knocked out round 1.  Fans are already making excuses up here saying, even if they lose they are the greatest team of all-time.  I say fvck that, you have to win a cup to be considered greatest of all-time.

Bergeron and Ulmark are both sick and apparently not playing. 

Edited by MadDog2020

42 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Oh well, part of the narrative to their greatness is they are so deep it doesn’t matter who is playing.  No excuses because they also have an above average backup.

Ullmark is in. They have zero excuses, but Florida is making it easy taking early penalties 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Wow horrible slashing call by the refs on the Isles.  And it leads to a PPG.  If I’m Lane Lambert I’m completely losing my sh!t.

Wow Isles get one almost immediately after.  Damn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wow horrible slashing call by the refs on the Isles.  And it leads to a PPG.  If I’m Lane Lambert I’m completely losing my sh!t.

Wow Isles get one almost immediately after.  Damn.

That was an absolutely horrendous call

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

That was an absolutely horrendous call

What the hell did they even see?!

And the Hurricane fans haven’t learned a thing through the years…they still think EVERYTHING against their team is a penalty.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What the hell did they even see?!

And the Hurricane fans haven’t learned a thing through the years…they still think EVERYTHING against their team is a penalty.  

And the Isles lose 2-1, so that horrible call ended up costing them the game. 

Edited by MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And the Isles lose 2-1, so that horrible call ended up costing them the game. 

I never look at it specifically that way because who knows exactly how things would’ve unfolded in an alternate timeline had that call not been made…but yeah, I’m quite pissed about how sh!tty that call was if I’m an Islander, no question.  The refs just HAVE to do better than that, end of story.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I never look at it specifically that way because who knows exactly how things would’ve unfolded in an alternate timeline had that call not been made…but yeah, I’m quite pissed about how sh!tty that call was if I’m an Islander, no question.  The refs just HAVE to do better than that, end of story.  

Put it this way: if the Devils lost the same exact way on the same exact call, I’d be irate.

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Put it this way: if the Devils lost the same exact way on the same exact call, I’d be irate.

Oh same here.  Like I said, if I’m the Isles I’m as pissed as could be about the call.  

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Minnesota and LA both win. Brutal losses for Dallas and Edmonton. 

I watched only the first period of the Oilers - Kings game. The Oilers looked very dominant and at one point the announcer pointed out the additions they have made and that they were not the Oilers from latter years. That statement didn't age well.

• Like 1

The first game of the playoffs is almost like Week 1 of the NFL season...many tend to overreact or feel like being down 1-0 in a series is worse than it really is, since there's nothing to compare it to yet.

Once you go down 2-0 though (especially if both losses are on your ice), yeah, that's when I would start worrying.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The first game of the playoffs is almost like Week 1 of the NFL season...many tend to overreact or feel like being down 1-0 in a series is worse than it really is, since there's nothing to compare it to yet.

Once you go down 2-0 though (especially if both losses are on your ice), yeah, that's when I would start worrying.  

If I heard the statistic correctly during one of the two early ESPN games yesterday, 70% (or more) of teams that win game 1 of opening round series win the series. Could be reason behind some of the panic/knee jerk.

But man would it be fun to see some of these regular season media darlings get dumped first round

• Like 1