2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I hate espns coverage, it's 2023, a lot of people have dvrs, I don't need a running clock of the game on the other channel in the top corner. 

I know I'm in the minority of people who watch every game during the playoffs but everyone has a cell phone, get rid of the god damn sports tickers already. People can check the scores if they want. 

• Shocking 1

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I hate espns coverage, it's 2023, a lot of people have dvrs, I don't need a running clock of the game on the other channel in the top corner. 

I know I'm in the minority of people who watch every game during the playoffs but everyone has a cell phone, get rid of the god damn sports tickers already. People can check the scores if they want. 

I kinda agree, I thought it was a neat flashback to FOX days but after awhile I was like do I really care about baseball scores?

16 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I still think the Leafs will probably come back and win their series, especially if Cernak, Hedman and Jeanott all miss decent chunks of it, but holy sh!t was that funny watching them get run out of the rink yet again last night. 

Devils may very well lose this series and it would suck mostly because of the opponent, but at least it should get better, and other important pieces will soon be joining the fray...and I have no doubts Fitz will fine-tune in the seasons to come.  

But six straight first-round knockouts (well, one was that Covid qualifying round season)...exactly at what point do you figure how to at least win a friggin' ROUND?!  If they fail AGAIN, do the Leafs finally snap and make a blockbuster deal or two to tweak that core?

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils may very well lose this series and it would suck mostly because of the opponent, but at least it should get better, and other important pieces will soon be joining the fray...and I have no doubts Fitz will fine-tune in the seasons to come.  

But six straight first-round knockouts (well, one was that Covid qualifying round season)...exactly at what point do you figure how to at least win a friggin' ROUND?!  If they fail AGAIN, do the Leafs finally snap and make a blockbuster deal or two to tweak that core?

The crazy part is that they keep tinkering around the edges but never do anything about the GM or the core that can't get it done.   It's essentially like if 6 years from now, we haven't won a single playoff round with this group, but Fitz still has a job and is hell bent on winning around a core of Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Hamiton and Meier but has since significanty overpaid Bratt and Meier, pissed away all our draft picks and depth players trying to supplement it and/or stay cap compliant...and then we come out and lay the type of egg we did last night in the first game of year 7 playoffs.   It's insanity

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Carolina wins 

Yeah just saw that.  Tough loss for the Isles.

Carolina had six power plays in the game, the Islanders had none. And then the officials missed a blatant high sticking penalty that should’ve been called against Carolina in OT, and wouldn’t ya know it- the Canes scored to win the game immediately after said missed call. If I was an Islanders fan, I would’ve thrown my TV out the window.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Devils MUST win tomorrow. They cant go down 0-2 heading to MSG. 

Agreed, i dont want to hear about jitters anymore. That’s over with. What I will say, they looked a lot better in the second yesterday. They need to come out and play three full periods 

• Like 4

What player do we have that can challenge Krieder in front of the net? Bastian? That needs to be taken care of in Game 2. No way you can let that guy park there and ricochet pucks in all night. 

I'm all for pulling Wood too in favor of Lazar. We need a physical presence out there with skill and playoff experience. I don't know why Ruff didn't play Lazar in Game 1 other than perhaps he doesn't feel he's had enough time with the team, but c'mon already. The guy has played in the playoffs with the Bruins and brings a lot more valuable experience than Wood does. Plus he doesn't take stupid penalties.