2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

23 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

What player do we have that can challenge Krieder in front of the net? Bastian? That needs to be taken care of in Game 2. No way you can let that guy park there and ricochet pucks in all night. 

This absolutely needs to be addressed. We allowed too much traffic in front of Vanacek, and we didn’t generate nearly enough traffic in front of Shesterkin. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This absolutely needs to be addressed. We allowed too much traffic in front of Vanacek, and we didn’t generate nearly enough traffic in front of Shesterkin. 

And this what can make you nuts about Ruff and will have you wondering if he's taken the Devils as far as he can.  There's things that just don't get addressed under his watch; anyone who's been watching hockey the past several years (and especially the past couple) knows where Kreider loves to set up shop on what's been a plenty productive Rangers power play...he has 45 power play goals over the past three seasons for a reason, right?  Sure, he might still find a way to get one against you, but there's a difference between "OK, he shook off his coverage and made it happen" and "Just let him park himself so that the Rangers can just feed him the puck with minimal resistance".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

It’s a defenseman’s job and yes it needs to be addressed

Graves isn't physical enough. Severson maybe. Siegenthaler maybe. Would be great to see Bahl develop in this role. The guy is 6'6" and has shown to have a mean streak at times.  Anyway, Bastian is the most physical player out of all of them despite not being a defenseman. That's why I listed his name. We need grit badly. 

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Graves isn't physical enough. Severson maybe. Siegenthaler maybe. Would be great to see Bahl develop in this role. The guy is 6'6" and has shown to have a mean streak at times.  Anyway, Bastian is the most physical player out of all of them despite not being a defenseman. That's why I listed his name. We need grit badly. 

During the season Marino was often down low with Kreider on the penalty kill but did not play him physically from what I remember. 

19 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

During the season Marino was often down low with Kreider on the penalty kill but did not play him physically from what I remember. 

Tonight would be a great time to start. 

Edited by MadDog2020

Fitz needs to move past Ruff. It's that simple. If they get swept or lose in 5 and he extends him, it will set this franchise backward. If that happens, then Fitz should be gone too. Enough already.  Get a winning coach in here. 

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Fitz needs to move past Ruff. It's that simple. If they get swept or lose in 5 and he extends him, it will set this franchise backward. If that happens, then Fitz should be gone too. Enough already.  Get a winning coach in here. 

Laviolette is available.  

• Like 1

Just now, slasher72 said:

He has to be our coach next season.  

It can’t be Lindy.  Just can’t.  He’s in so over his head and he makes that obvious constantly.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Let Graves sign elsewhere...

Let Severson sign elsewhere...

Wood, Blackwood...goodbye.

Trade Bratt for picks or a player.

Hire Laviolette. 

Ruff...dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

Unless Sharagovich wants to take a pay cut, he has to go to.   

• Like 1

I feel bad for the fans who paid hundreds of dollars to watch that embarrassing performance tonight. They deserve better and the talented players on this team deserve better. They need a leader and strategist.  Ruff is neither. 

We made it to the postseason. Thank you Ruff, your mission is accomplished.  Next step is winning in the postseason. So please be on your way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

I feel bad for the fans who paid hundreds of dollars to watch that embarrassing performance tonight. They deserve better and the talented players on this team deserve better. They need a leader and strategist.  Ruff is neither. 

We made it to the postseason. Thank you Ruff, your mission is accomplished.  Next step is winning in the postseason. So please be on your way. 

Yeah paid about $1k (in ticket costs alone) for me and my kid to watch back-to-back 5-1 sh!tshows.  Sucks plenty, but it is what it is.  

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah paid about $1k (in ticket costs alone) for me and my kid to watch back-to-back 5-1 sh!tshows.  Sucks plenty, but it is what it is.  

True regarding price and the sh!t games, but I can't believe people pay that much and then leave early and let the Rags fans start chants where you can't even hear Devils fans anymore. Talk about being chased out of your own building. 

Edited by RizzMB30

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's a lot of money to watch your favorite team mail it in. Again, the fans deserve better. Ruff has to go. 

3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

That's a lot of money to watch your favorite team mail it in. Again, the fans deserve better. Ruff has to go. 

Honestly I didn’t ever felt like they mailed it in.  As ugly as it got I never felt like they weren’t trying.  But yeah, whatever the plan is, I’m not seeing it.