2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Glad the canes are gone, honestly, can’t believe they got swept out like that. Also, what Florida is doing is pretty incredible. With that, I’d like to see Vegas win it all. 

Can’t root for Eichel to win a cup. Even though I’d hate to see that sh!tbag Tkachuk win one, he’d be the lesser of the two evils for me.

I don't want the Panthers to win because they just made the Canes look terrible, and the Canes made is look pretty bad, so what would the Panthers do to us?  Funny thing is, when we played them this year, they best us 4-2 at home, then we beat them 4-2 on the road 5 days later, then in March they beat us 4-2 at home again lol.

Against Vegas, we beat them 3-2 in OT, then they beat us 4-3 in a shootout. 

I'd rather see a West team win because who knows how we would've faired against them. I think we could've beaten the Panthers. 

• Like 1

As we know, the Canes are now the victims of THREE straight ELC sweeps...(2009 vs Penguins, 2019 vs Bruins, and now 2023 vs Panthers).  At least if they reach another one, that's something that will get brought up to them quite a bit, maybe enough that if they fall behind 0-2, that'll start to get inside their heads.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Sometimes I think I'm old school and have a short fuse or little patience for certain things, and maybe I do, but I also respect and hold sacred the captaincy. I don't take the responsibility lightly and I expect the guy entrusted with that honor to hold up to it.  He didn't. Adios. 

I think fans can absolutely blow up the captaincy to be more than it is...some fans think captains are full of Hollywood inspirational speech moments and can somehow routinely will their teams to victory.  

That being said, what Benn did was just SO unworthy of a good captain that no matter how much those within the Stars organization try to back him, I think he should absolutely be stripped of the C.  And that absurd excuse as to why what happened happened...I can't even really take him all that seriously anymore.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't want the Panthers to win because they just made the Canes look terrible, and the Canes made is look pretty bad, so what would the Panthers do to us?  Funny thing is, when we played them this year, they best us 4-2 at home, then we beat them 4-2 on the road 5 days later, then in March they beat us 4-2 at home again lol.

Against Vegas, we beat them 3-2 in OT, then they beat us 4-3 in a shootout. 

I'd rather see a West team win because who knows how we would've faired against them. I think we could've beaten the Panthers. 

The Panthers would've bitch slapped us across the ice.  Bennet and Chucky would've eaten us alive - we don't have players to match their style at the moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The Panthers would've bitch slapped us across the ice.  Bennet and Chucky would've eaten us alive - we don't have players to match their style at the moment.

Yeah I think the 2022-23 Devils simply went as far they could.  Fortunately that shouldn't be the top of the mountain for them.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

They are winning the Cup this year. They remind me of the 2012 Kings.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I think the 2022-23 Devils simply went as far they could.  Fortunately that shouldn't be the top of the mountain for them.  

100% agreed, they'll continue to grow and adapt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They are winning the Cup this year. They remind me of the 2012 Kings.

Bob is sure doing a passable imitation of Quick, that's for sure.  Bob is a guy who put up a -12 GSAA as a Panther coming into these playoffs, and hadn't exactly torn it up in prior playoff seasons...I know he has a pair of Vezinas to his name, but goddamn this guy has just come out of almost nowhere to shred...an .846 QS% and 14.7 GSAA in these playoffs.  That's just insanely great.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Have Another Donut said:

Wow Bennet only makes $4.425- what a steal.  

2014 Draft working out for Cats

1. Ekblad Fla

2. Reinhardt (Buf) Fla

4. Bennet (Cal) Fla

There was a good article by the Athletic the other day outlining what an amazing job the Panthers have done finding other teams underutilized talent and putting them in a position to succeed in Sunrise.   In addition Reinhart and Bennett, it goes into detail about Forsling, Montour and Verhaeghe.  Here's the link:  

https://theathletic.com/4546304/2023/05/24/florida-panthers-roster/

5 hours ago, Lateralous said:

If Vegas pulls off the sweep tonight, I hope the NHL slides the start of the finals up significantly.   Right now, their tentative start is Saturday June 3rd.    Florida will lose all their mojo sitting around that long.   

It’s ridiculous to start that late if both teams are ready. But this is the NHL; they will not adjust the schedule. If the Finals start June 3, they start June 3. 

6 minutes ago, StarDew said:

These ESPN motherfvckers had to show on what happened this day and it was fvcking messyface's prediction of game 6 vs us. I hate ESPN. Soon it will be off regular TV and streaming only. 

You know what else happened on this day? This: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • EvilHeart 3