2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not that I really hate Zach, I'm mostly over it aside of the texting Suter sh!t while they were in a SC run...but yea....

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & GigglesHot Fuzz Shame GIFSarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

Might be thinking it he still wants it bad enough and thinking about how to explain to his wife that he still wants it. Might be it too for him. 

Heck of a career.

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not that I really hate Zach, I'm mostly over it aside of the texting Suter sh!t while they were in a SC run...but yea....

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & GigglesHot Fuzz Shame GIFSarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

I never really felty any ill will towards this guy like some fans did. Yea i was sure sour when he decided to lead us along and then dip to go back home but at the end of the day this is a business for all involved except the fans. Fans seriously throw sh!t at this guy because his dad was sick and he ultimately decided to go work back home with his friends and to be closer to his sick father, who ended up dying.. man, what a piece of sh!t! Good luck to him where ever he ends up

Edited by 2ELIAS6

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I never really felty any ill will towards this guy like some fans did. Yea i was sure sour when he decided to lead us along and then dip to go back home but at the end of the day this is a business for all involved except the fans. Fans seriously throw sh!t at this guy because his dad was sick and he ultimately decided to go work back home with his friends and to be closer to his sick father, who ended up dying.. man, what a piece of sh!t! Good luck to him where ever he ends up

I don't think this is correct, I'm pretty sure his dad wasn't sick during the 2012 free agency. I don't remember that being a thing during that time and people wouldn't have been mad at him if that was the reason. I know I wouldn't have. 

Everything I see in Google says he found out it was cancer in February 2014. The main thing everyone was annoyed about was that apparently he was talking to Suter about leaving during the 12 playoffs. 

https://www.twincities.com/2014/09/27/fighting-cancer-zach-parises-dad-plans-to-make-every-wild-game/

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't think this is correct, I'm pretty sure his dad wasn't sick during the 2012 free agency. I don't remember that being a thing during that time and people wouldn't have been mad at him if that was the reason. I know I wouldn't have. 

Everything I see in Google says he found out it was cancer in February 2014. The main thing everyone was annoyed about was that apparently he was talking to Suter about leaving during the 12 playoffs. 

https://www.twincities.com/2014/09/27/fighting-cancer-zach-parises-dad-plans-to-make-every-wild-game/

Well regardless, if his father wasnt sick in 12’ which I hope he wasnt, sports are a business… loyalty isn’t a thing. I dont blame this guy for going back home the way he did. He gave us a lot of excitement and things to be happy about for years. People/fans can’t let sh!t go.. kovalchuk leaving was the best thing to happen for this franchise, people fail to realize that. Enough of the past, this is the biggest game we’ve had in a very long time, let’s focus our energy on this. Lets go boys!

16 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

The issue with Parise is we didn't get anything for him and given the state of the team at that time we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing and Lou let that happen.

Edited by capo

3 minutes ago, capo said:

The issue with Parise is we didn't get anything for him and given the state of the team at that time we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing and Lou let that happen.

This.

And texting during the finals your team is actively trying to win is outright bullsh!t. sure he didn’t decide then and there it was the Wild but bad look for a guy who “wanted to win”

• Like 1

Didn’t our broke ass owner at the time prioritize Kovy and then Lou was stuck giving Parise a one year deal because of cap space or something and walking him right into UFA?   I’ve never held the Parise situation against either Zach or Lou because it seems like there was a lot of non-hockey related stuff going on in the background back then.   

Edited by Lateralous

19 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Didn’t our broke ass owner at the time prioritize Kovy and then Lou was stuck giving Parise a one year deal because of cap space or something and walking him right into UFA?   I’ve never held the Parise situation against either Zach or Lou because it seems like there was a lot of non-hockey related stuff going on in the background back then.   

Conversely, I blame everyone. Vanderfraud, Lou and Zach. All three’s powers combined for the stupidity 

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Florida on the board first. Also, Swayman is in net for Boston. Not Ulmark.

The Vezina winner shoo-in has been deemed not worthy of starting this Game 7.  Man that says a LOT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

Bruins are in big trouble 

This would be as disastrous of a first-round series loss as it gets.  The Bruins finished FORTY-THREE points ahead of the Panthers!

The home crowd either dead silent or booing right now.  They’ve been taken completely out of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

You could argue this being the biggest upset in NHL history if it happens. Florida was also trailing 3-1 in the series, making it even more miraculous.

Excellent point.  Bruins appeared to be fully in the driver’s seat.  Hard to believe it even got to a Game 7, let alone to a scenario where the Bruins are trailing by 2 in the second period at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You could argue this being the biggest upset in NHL history if it happens. Florida was also trailing 3-1 in the series, making it even more miraculous.

It's hard to believe the Bruins are here. It certainly would be one of the biggest playoff upsets, right up there with the Sharks beating Detroit in 1994 and others I can't think of right now.

• Like 1