2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Man think about what it’s like to be a Bruins fan…you have an insanely good season, you’re up 3-1 in your first-round series, then lose the next two, but you come back in Game 7 from 2-0 to take a 3-2 lead and the Panthers have their goalie pulled and you’re thinking you’re going to survive this…then the Cats tie it up, you’re sitting through the resulting intermission nervous as all hell…then just like that, BAM, season over.  Oof and then some.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

I didn't catch it but my wife said it looked like Hall was about to cry 😢. Dude must be thinkin' how the f is he ever gonna get to the cup if not on a team like this.. 

Indeed. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man think about what it’s like to be a Bruins fan…you have an insanely good season, you’re up 3-1 in your first-round series, then lose the next two, but you come back in Game 7 from 2-0 to take a 3-2 lead and the Panthers have their goalie pulled and you’re thinking you’re going to survive this…then the Cats tie it up, you’re sitting through the resulting intermission nervous as all hell…then just like this, BAM, season over.  Oof and then some.

Depending on what Krejci and Bergeron decide to do, it could be even more painful if that turns out to be the last kick at the can with this group.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man think about what it’s like to be a Bruins fan…you have an insanely good season, you’re up 3-1 in your first-round series, then lose the next two, but you come back in Game 7 from 2-0 to take a 3-2 lead and the Panthers have their goalie pulled and you’re thinking you’re going to survive this…then the Cats tie it up, you’re sitting through the resulting intermission nervous as all hell…then just like that, BAM, season over.  Oof and then some.

My brother-in-law is a Bruins fan. He was worried about this kind of thing happening. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

My brother-in-law is a Bruins fan. He was worried about this kind of thing happening. 

Yeah President’s Trophy winners just seem to have a way of not doing all that well in the offseason.  And if I was a Bruins fan I probably would’ve been nervous too…just because.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Depending on what Krejci and Bergeron decide to do, it could be even more painful if that turns out to be the last kick at the can with this group.   

Ullmark about to win one of the emptiest Vezinas ever.  You almost wonder if the Bruins would actually consider a blockbuster move involving him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ullmark about to win one of the emptiest Vezinas ever.  You almost wonder if the Bruins would actually consider a blockbuster move involving him.

Considering they have Swayman in the fold who is 5 years younger, It would be a smart way to create much needed cap space 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Damn, Toronto’s path to a cup just got a little bit easier.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Panthers go on a run here.  They are a really good team that took some time to gel early this season.   

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah President’s Trophy winners just seem to have a way of not doing all that well in the offseason.  And if I was a Bruins fan I probably would’ve been nervous too…just because.

To me, it’s an intensity issue. A team like that hasn’t had to struggle at all, coasts into the playoffs, and then runs into a team like Florida who was playing their butts off to  scratch and claw into that last spot. Boston couldn’t match that level enough to just crush them in 4 or 5 games like they would have in the regular season, and we all know anything can happen when it gets to 6 or 7 games 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Hey, it’s the a$shole here.  Unfortunately I’m beyond confident of the result tomorrow night that if the devils win by some miracle I’ll donate to the site gladly.  Just tell me how to do so and that will be the first thing I do afterwards.  Wish I wasn’t this confident but I’m almost always able to play the result out in my head and have been correct way too many times.

It will also be the last time I speak negatively on this site if they found a way to win, that’s a promise.

Edited by ajsgolf

25 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Hey, it’s the a$shole here.  Unfortunately I’m beyond confident of the result tomorrow night that if the devils win by some miracle I’ll donate to the site gladly.  Just tell me how to do so and that will be the first thing I do afterwards.  Wish I wasn’t this confident but I’m almost always able to play the result out in my head and have been correct way too many times.

It will also be the last time I speak negatively on this site if they found a way to win, that’s a promise.

Correct way too many times? Didn’t you say they were losing almost every game they came back from behind to win in the third period this season? And that this series was over after 2 games?

43 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

To me, it’s an intensity issue. A team like that hasn’t had to struggle at all, coasts into the playoffs, and then runs into a team like Florida who was playing their butts off to  scratch and claw into that last spot. Boston couldn’t match that level enough to just crush them in 4 or 5 games like they would have in the regular season, and we all know anything can happen when it gets to 6 or 7 games 

Except Boston got up 3-1, and made sure to keep petal to the medal down the stretch to set all their records, well they can jerk off to them now on the golf courses.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Boo lol

• Haha 1