Jump to content

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread


MadDog2020

Recommended Posts

Man think about what it’s like to be a Bruins fan…you have an insanely good season, you’re up 3-1 in your first-round series, then lose the next two, but you come back in Game 7 from 2-0 to take a 3-2 lead and the Panthers have their goalie pulled and you’re thinking you’re going to survive this…then the Cats tie it up, you’re sitting through the resulting intermission nervous as all hell…then just like that, BAM, season over.  Oof and then some.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

 

I didn't catch it but my wife said it looked like Hall was about to cry 😢. Dude must be thinkin' how the f is he ever gonna get to the cup if not on a team like this.. 

 

Indeed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man think about what it’s like to be a Bruins fan…you have an insanely good season, you’re up 3-1 in your first-round series, then lose the next two, but you come back in Game 7 from 2-0 to take a 3-2 lead and the Panthers have their goalie pulled and you’re thinking you’re going to survive this…then the Cats tie it up, you’re sitting through the resulting intermission nervous as all hell…then just like this, BAM, season over.  Oof and then some.

Depending on what Krejci and Bergeron decide to do, it could be even more painful if that turns out to be the last kick at the can with this group.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man think about what it’s like to be a Bruins fan…you have an insanely good season, you’re up 3-1 in your first-round series, then lose the next two, but you come back in Game 7 from 2-0 to take a 3-2 lead and the Panthers have their goalie pulled and you’re thinking you’re going to survive this…then the Cats tie it up, you’re sitting through the resulting intermission nervous as all hell…then just like that, BAM, season over.  Oof and then some.

My brother-in-law is a Bruins fan. He was worried about this kind of thing happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

My brother-in-law is a Bruins fan. He was worried about this kind of thing happening. 

Yeah President’s Trophy winners just seem to have a way of not doing all that well in the offseason.  And if I was a Bruins fan I probably would’ve been nervous too…just because.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Depending on what Krejci and Bergeron decide to do, it could be even more painful if that turns out to be the last kick at the can with this group.   

Ullmark about to win one of the emptiest Vezinas ever.  You almost wonder if the Bruins would actually consider a blockbuster move involving him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ullmark about to win one of the emptiest Vezinas ever.  You almost wonder if the Bruins would actually consider a blockbuster move involving him.

Considering they have Swayman in the fold who is 5 years younger, It would be a smart way to create much needed cap space 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Damn, Toronto’s path to a cup just got a little bit easier.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Panthers go on a run here.  They are a really good team that took some time to gel early this season.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah President’s Trophy winners just seem to have a way of not doing all that well in the offseason.  And if I was a Bruins fan I probably would’ve been nervous too…just because.

To me, it’s an intensity issue. A team like that hasn’t had to struggle at all, coasts into the playoffs, and then runs into a team like Florida who was playing their butts off to  scratch and claw into that last spot. Boston couldn’t match that level enough to just crush them in 4 or 5 games like they would have in the regular season, and we all know anything can happen when it gets to 6 or 7 games 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, it’s the a$shole here.  Unfortunately I’m beyond confident of the result tomorrow night that if the devils win by some miracle I’ll donate to the site gladly.  Just tell me how to do so and that will be the first thing I do afterwards.  Wish I wasn’t this confident but I’m almost always able to play the result out in my head and have been correct way too many times.

It will also be the last time I speak negatively on this site if they found a way to win, that’s a promise.

Edited by ajsgolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Hey, it’s the a$shole here.  Unfortunately I’m beyond confident of the result tomorrow night that if the devils win by some miracle I’ll donate to the site gladly.  Just tell me how to do so and that will be the first thing I do afterwards.  Wish I wasn’t this confident but I’m almost always able to play the result out in my head and have been correct way too many times.

It will also be the last time I speak negatively on this site if they found a way to win, that’s a promise.

Correct way too many times? Didn’t you say they were losing almost every game they came back from behind to win in the third period this season? And that this series was over after 2 games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

To me, it’s an intensity issue. A team like that hasn’t had to struggle at all, coasts into the playoffs, and then runs into a team like Florida who was playing their butts off to  scratch and claw into that last spot. Boston couldn’t match that level enough to just crush them in 4 or 5 games like they would have in the regular season, and we all know anything can happen when it gets to 6 or 7 games 

Except Boston got up 3-1, and made sure to keep petal to the medal down the stretch to set all their records, well they can jerk off to them now on the golf courses.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

To me, it’s an intensity issue. A team like that hasn’t had to struggle at all, coasts into the playoffs, and then runs into a team like Florida who was playing their butts off to  scratch and claw into that last spot. Boston couldn’t match that level enough to just crush them in 4 or 5 games like they would have in the regular season, and we all know anything can happen when it gets to 6 or 7 games 

Boo lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.