GDT: Game 2 - Rangers @ Devils - 20 Apr - 730p - TBS/MSG

jagknife

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

Honestly i just hope that this doesn’t turn Meier away from wanting to re sign with us. 

It’s two games and there’s a lot of young talent here.  Future is still plenty bright here.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s two games and there’s a lot of young talent here.  Future is still plenty bright here.

I doubt this would. You know this in general has been terrible but yes the talent is here. Did I expect to win the series? Not really but did I think we would take a huge dump in the first two games? No. Need Tom Wilson type. Get the young guys going with abusing the opponent. I know Timo is a big dude but his job is not to set the tone it’s to score. Need that piece to set the game off and be up in the opponent. The team will be fine and the players will be too. Young and dumb mostly. Vets can understand. We are good. And yes rather get swept than lose at home to that fvckwad team. 

50 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Does it really matter?  5-1 loss in Game 1, 5-1 loss in Game 2 and Lindy's lineup in practice is giving us the best shot for another 5-1 tomorrow.

This fvcking guy is driving me nuts. Why the fvck is he still juggling lines this heavily at this point in the season?! There’s no chemistry being built. The entire coaching staff needs to be flushed out. The PP and PK are horrific beyond words. 

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s the definition of throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks. 

Enough is enough bro, he keeps doing this sh!t ever since we got timo. I think at this point its pretty clear we are being out coached bad at every aspect 

17 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Enough is enough bro, he keeps doing this sh!t ever since we got timo. I think at this point its pretty clear we are being out coached bad at every aspect 

Maybe it’s because I mostly just watch the Devils but it seems like every other team sticks to the same basic lines, maybe flipping a guy here or there. Do any other teams just randomly move people around like this? I feel like once a line clicks, most any other team keeps that line together

11 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Biggest shock to me are the shot totals. We dominated all season and now suddenly have no possession game. Can't watch much of series but are Rangers centers dominating?

They have dominated every area of the game other than maybe face offs? More physical, coming out of the gate with getting ALOT more shots through on net like bad.. they’re PP fvcking forget it, i have no clue what has happened the the PK there. They need to start pressing them when NY is on the PP. I honestly think at this point, we are being out coached. Idt these fvcks beat us once in regulation all season and all of a sudden now we look like a high school hockey team out there against us? They’re absolutely embarrassing the sh!t out of us. Unacceptable. I dont want to hear a thing about playoff experience or jitters, that sh!t is over with, they’re manhandling us and making us look like we dont belong. 

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

At this point he needs to give US a reason to want to re-sign him.

I mean i think hes played alright, he 100% fills that need of a power forward, has no problem throwing his body around and getting into the physical aspect. I hope his game can come more full circle with this group, i feel like he has more to contribute on the offensive side. But even the offense aside i like a lot more of what i see from him than the likes of what bratt does around here. 

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I mean i think hes played alright, he 100% fills that need of a power forward, has no problem throwing his body around and getting into the physical aspect. I hope his game can come more full circle with this group, i feel like he has more to contribute on the offensive side. But even the offense aside i like a lot more of what i see from him than the likes of what bratt does around here. 

Oh I love the player but at the end of the day for us to throw the money at him that he’s going to ask for he needs to produce.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

Oh I love the player but at the end of the day for us to throw the money at him that he’s going to ask for he needs to produce.

Absolutely agree, like I said, i think hes providing a lot that we dont have with the power forward physicality part of it. Also, by constantly moving him all over the fvcking line up idt thats helping anyone especially him. I really wish this would stop. 

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

want to say sorry for hoping to see the rags in the playoffs. i didn't think they'd be this bad. i was hoping for close games, but this is pathetic. idk what they're even doin. 

looks like the team doesn't either.

Think this sh!t is on the coaching staff brother.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Biggest shock to me are the shot totals. We dominated all season and now suddenly have no possession game. Can't watch much of series but are Rangers centers dominating?

Excellent point. It’s damning, really, that the team cannot generate the attack they have been able to all season. 

All year success built on speed, pressure, vison.  Playoff starts and Ruff tries to turn us into big physical team, thats not what made the season- He has gotten exactly what he deserves.  What an idiot.

Changing lines all the time- its like they dont even know each other out there.  Meier came here to be a 3rd line player?  Come on.  He shd be with Hughes or Hischier, prob Hischier.

He has had no time to jell with team, and Ruff has made it impossible for him to really get in flow.  

He needs to go with lines that made the season, get meier with guys who are good, get Luke in (nothing to lose) and let him lite up Rags bottom 6.  Lets go

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PuckDropper said:

All year success built on speed, pressure, vison.  Playoff starts and Ruff tries to turn us into big physical team, thats not what made the season- He has gotten exactly what he deserves.  What an idiot.

Changing lines all the time- its like they dont even know each other out there.  Meier came here to be a 3rd line player?  Come on.  He shd be with Hughes or Hischier, prob Hischier.

He has had no time to jell with team, and Ruff has made it impossible for him to really get in flow.  

He needs to go with lines that made the season, get meier with guys who are good, get Luke in (nothing to lose) and let him lite up Rags bottom 6.  Lets go

""If you don't know what your lines can produce, how can your enemy possibly counter it?!" - Sun Tzu" - Lindy Ruff

"""I'm too drunk to fix this power play. I'm going to call my lawyer" - Col Sanders" - Ricky Bobby" - Andrew Brunette

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Nobody has. 

Erik Haula and Damon Severson have probably been our best players so far. 

Yep. When your best players aren’t your best players, it’s a problem. You have no chance in any sport when that’s the case. We need the big dogs to step up. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...