GDT: 4/29/2023 Game 6 - Devils @ The Bad Guys 8:00 pm FINISH THEM!

Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And Nemec. 

Those 2 are going to be huge on the PP. A lot to be excited about moving forward.  I really want Monday bad because of the opponent. But, man, it's and exciting time to be a Devils fan looking ahead.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Anyway, to be clear I want them both re-signed. But if it’s one or the other Timo is the priority for me. Not only because of trading for him, but also because he just brings a unique skill set that no other player on the team has. 

This x10.   I would like to see both re-signed but Meier’s skill set is so different than the rest of the top 6 that you have to get him locked up.  That’s part of building a great team.  Bratt feels like more of a luxury at this point.   If Fitz can get Bratt signed at a number he’s happy with i’m all for it but if Bratt is looking for absolute top dollar, he can go elsewhere.   He’s not the guy you mess up your cap structure for.       

• Like 4

Deep down inside I believe we are a significantly better team than the rangers but the growing pains that are on full display are the reason I wanted no part of this matchup in the first round this year.  We basically spotted them the first two games and then came unraveled in a tough reffing situation tonight leaving us one Shesterkin performance away from being eliminated. Just wait until Toronto starts getting involved with replays on Monday.   That should be fun.  

That being said, this group has left me shaking my head in amazement all year long so I still feel like we’ll find a way to win on Monday night but it pisses me off to no end that we got the critical first goal tonight but never really got a chance to seize on it because we were basically killing penalties until we were down.  I thought we just had to weather the early storm and we would be good.   After we were so dominant early and then got a goal from Lazar, I never saw the rest of the game going the way it did.   Honestly, I’m still shell shocked   

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 1

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

This team exceeded all expectations during the regular season and playoffs.  Other than PK, no one had them going 7 games against the Rangers.  This is the first of many playoff appearances for this young core, which they are adding to with Luke.

you should listen to NHL network radio where they really know hockey.  everyone had it going 7 with a few picking the devils. 

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Thanks for nothing LA, our game is officially 8pm Monday. NHL can go fvck themselves with this start time. 

I do feel for anyone who has to be up early for work on Tuesday. If I could afford $330 a ticket I’d be there, even with having to work the next day.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The game really turned on the Dawson turnover. Can't happen in game 7. He played that sweep check perfectly on Kane though. I don't understand why they changed that rule.

Apparently, if you catch a player from behind who has a clear path and you get the puck first and proceed to trip the player, it cannot be a penalty shot, but it is a 2 minute minor.

Makes no sense.

52 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Apparently, if you catch a player from behind who has a clear path and you get the puck first and proceed to trip the player, it cannot be a penalty shot, but it is a 2 minute minor.

Makes no sense.

God I woulda taken the penalty shot and trusted Schmid to make the save

• Like 2