GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - Game 2 8:00PM 5/5 TNT

Nicomo

Devils have a chance to bounce back and steal one on the road for the split. Need our big guns to finally show up and take over a game. Canes are extremely well coached and have a good defense, but make no mistake, their goaltending is average at best. Devils need to realize they aren’t playing Igor anymore, and pepper Andersen or Raanta early and often. 

I expect to see Lindy shake things up a bit (wonder if Bratt gets demoted down to the 3rd line), but I’m assuming he’ll go right back to Akira. He made it clear game 1 was not on him. 

Hopefully Timo will be ready. They really missed his physicality and net front presence in game 1. And the PP certainly needs all the help it can get. 

One big move I’d love to see Lindy try is scratching Graves for Luke. Toronto has been playing Knies, so he wouldn’t be the only coach rolling the dice on a rookie. Granted, defense is a much tougher position for a young player to learn on the fly, but could he really be much worse than the bad version of Graves? I’m not so sure…

Anyway, LGD! 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3
  • EvilHeart 2

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Somewhat reluctantly, I'm for Luke over Graves, at least for a trial game.  Little to lose, maybe a lot to gain. 

It’s time for it to happen. At least one game so Graves can critically watch how defense is supposed to be played and maybe get out of his own head (or back into it, idk)

Only fitting Akira should get the start in Cinco de Mayo for the puns alone

LFGD

52 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It’s time for it to happen. At least one game so Graves can critically watch how defense is supposed to be played and maybe get out of his own head (or back into it, idk)

“Ryan, watch literally everything John does while he’s on the ice.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t been on the “we have to play Luke Hughes” train, especially in the Rangers series but if you were ever going to make that move, tonight is the night IMO.   Beside, Graves looks like he could use the rest.   

LGD!  

• Like 4

Dear New Jersey Devils,

I think I know what went wrong with game one.  I shouldn't have to be the one to educate you on this, but proper stretching before the game goes a long way.  We're going to fix this so we're ready for game two.  Everybody line up.  Make three or four rows so we can all fit.  Good.  Ready?  Let's begin.

On the floor.  Spread those legs wide.  Now, to the right...sets of five.  And a one...two...three...four...come on, boys!  Push it!  Reach for it like you're reaching for that next big contract with the team!  Not you, Mackenzie...but everybody else.  Annnnnnnnnnd...five!  Great job, everybody!

Now, to the left...another five.  One...two...three...looks like Ryan got lost somewhere on the way to five...back with us, Ry?  Good!  And four...annnnnnnnnnd five!  Okay, one more set to go...

Now, to the middle...this is the tough one.  And a one, two, thr-...ACK!  CRAP!  I HEARD SOMETHING POP!  I don't think this is...uhhh...supposed to look like this.  Okay...keep going without me, boys!  YOU GOT THIS!  Annnnnnnnd...five!

Beautiful work, boys.  Game two is all but yours now.  Someone call me an ambulance.

Ow,

NJCroMag

• Haha 4

It really comes down to finding shooting lanes and cycling to me.  They were not ready for the constant stick pressure last game.  There was the initial adjustment period and by then it was too late. 

I'd like to see Sharangovich & Luke Hughes draw in tonight.....