GDT: Carolina @ Devils- Game 3 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals 3:30 PM TBS

MadDog2020

13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m worried he’ll go back to VV AND put Graves back in. 

literally the only change I’d make would be Schmid for VV

I'm not normally in favor of the two goalie system - I prefer to have one dependable and clear-cut starter and then one backup who can hold down the fort in rare situations when needed - but I think at this point it's pretty clear that we need both goalies to push each other and raise and elevate their games. Not to say in the least that goaltending has been the problem in this series, but both of them have proven to be solid and streaky at the same time. I think having Smith in as am insurance policy to Luke was great.  

I put Schmid in and leave the rest of the lineup the same and just tell the boys to button-up the shorthanded sh!t.

• EvilHeart 1

2 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

so i couldn’t watch (they are 2-0 when i haven’t). Sounds like VV crapped the bed.   Just for a hot take do you go to Schmid and Blackwood as the backup.  i know we all understandably hate Blackwood but seems like VV is lost.   

He didn't crap the bed. He just didn't look confident and it was apparent. Would have liked him to steal anothee puck... Or. Maybe 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

so i couldn’t watch (they are 2-0 when i haven’t). Sounds like VV crapped the bed.   Just for a hot take do you go to Schmid and Blackwood as the backup.  i know we all understandably hate Blackwood but seems like VV is lost.   

No, not at all.   I do think Schmid should start going forward but VV earned that start for all he did this season and he got the W today.   These are our guys for at least the next two years so roll with it.   Blackwood should be dead to us.   

• EvilHeart 1