GDT-ish: 2023 NHL Draft Lottery, 8PM EST

Devilsfan118

Hope folks don't mind, figured I'd just create a thread to talk about the eventual results of the lottery.

General Info: https://www.nhl.com/news/2023-nhl-draft-lottery-to-be-held-may-8/c-342268574

Odds: https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

image.png.c6a5c9ba95a1711ba472343d93f1359b.png

Gotta say, it's pretty freakin nice to not have to tune into this and have it be the highlight of season anymore.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 5

Agree about not hoping for the top pick anymore; no matter good Bedard will be, for the Devils to be in the hunt for him would've meant yet another disastrous season.  I'd much rather be where we are NOW.  The Devils have had two #1s, a #2, a #4, a #7...enough.  If you can't start to turn the corner with all of THAT to work with, maybe you don't deserve yet another top-5 pick.  

That being said, please, really hope that Bedard is donning a Ducks hat and jersey after he reaches the podium.  I'd consider that a win.  But Fantilli (Luke's teammate and the likely 2OA) is not going to be a bad consolation prize.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m hoping for Anaheim, SJ, Chicago, Arizona, keep him out west. I really don’t want 10 years of that dude if he’s as good as it’s been suggested 

Please don’t let him go to that joke of a franchise in the desert. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Please don’t let him go to that joke of a franchise in the desert. 

He might pull a Lindros if they take him.  Can't say that I would blame him either.  

• Like 1

I think the best thing for league overall would be for Bedard to go to ANA and be on a line with Zegras. If the Ducks can turn it around fast, they're going to be making a lot of casual sports watchers heads turn a la: "Like the Mighty Ducks from the Disney movie? Hmm maybe I'll check them out"

That being said, he'll wind up in Arizona and they'll waste his prime years before shopping him for picks in 4-5 years

• Like 2

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

ESPN Hulu channel guide is claiming it's airing at 8pm ET. What's going on?

Huh yeah I'm seeing 8PM now too - I guess that article on NHL.com is wrong?

That would track - the NHL getting the time wrong for its own event on its own website.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Huh yeah I'm seeing 8PM now too - I guess that article on NHL.com is wrong?

That would track - the NHL getting the time wrong for its own event on its own website.

That article IS wrong lmao. They posted another article last night and it says 8PM. fvcking Busch-league league.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Anywhere but Columbus imo

Including the Flyers. Terrible at developing talent.

Problem with that is Bedard likely won’t have to be “developed.” Kid is the most can’t miss prospect since McDavid. 

I feel like you should get the banhammer for even suggesting Philly. :P

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Problem with that is Bedard likely won’t have to be “developed.” Kid is the most can’t miss prospect since McDavid. 

I feel like you should get the banhammer for even suggesting Philly. :P

Hahaha it might be deserved 

I would like to see Arizona win this.   I actually do think they can be highly successful with a new arena in Tempe.  

Putting an arena 40 minutes out of the city in a cotton field and then trying to build an entertainment district around it was never going to work, especially with the on ice product they’ve been offering.   Almost as dumb as where the Ottawa Senators built their arena.