GDT: Carolina @ Devils- Game 4 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals 7:00 PM ESPN

MadDog2020

Okay. Early GDT. Big win in game 3. Now we need to do it again. Looking like Vitek will be back in net; hopefully he can put up a big performance. Carolina will no doubt be ready and come out much sharper; the Devils better be ready to match that intensity. Let’s get this thing tied up boys!!!!! LGD!!!!!

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3
  • EvilHeart 2

21 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

LGD. In Lindy we trust.

He’s pushed his share of right personnel buttons in these playoffs.  Hopefully he’s right again this time.

• Like 1

If you have the money and live here there's no excuse not to be at the game tomorrow, find the time to make it out to the arena(unless you're actually working and can't get anyone to cover you or get the night off), the atmosphere was absolutely incredible last game and they need our support again. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If you have the money and live here there's no excuse not to be at the game tomorrow, find the time to make it out to the arena(unless you're actually working and can't get anyone to cover you or get the night off), the atmosphere was absolutely incredible last game and they need our support again. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

I wish I could go; but one game a round is all I can reasonably swing right now. I will be on my couch for this one, but I will be there in spirit! Be a little extra loud for me if you go tomorrow!

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

I’ll be there with my kid.  If the Devils force a Game 6, we’ll be there too.  

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 1

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

I wish I could go. Even if I had the money, no way to get there. 😔

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

49 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

If by some miracle we make the Finals, I'm turning my tentative western canada trip in the fall into a trip back up there for at least one game.

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

Dear New Jersey Devils,

As you enter this very important game tonight, I'm reminded of something very inspirational my grandfather used to tell me.  When you heard it, you felt like you could move entire mountains, inspire worldwide peace and mash Saturn and Jupiter into one another to create a new super-planet called Jupiturn (rolls off the tongue better than Satiter, I think).

It could take the most down-on-his-luck man and turn him into a force of nature...an unstoppable machine...a juggernaut of kaiju-like destruction.

Anyway, good luck tonight.

Love always,

NJCroMag

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay. Early GDT. Big win in game 3. Now we need to do it again. Looking like Vitek will be back in net; hopefully he can put up a big performance. Carolina will no doubt be ready and come out much sharper; the Devils better be ready to match that intensity. Let’s get this thing tied up boys!!!!! LGD!!!!!

This. Oh, and stay out of the freakin' box.

And I meant Carolina not NJ of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sidebar - can I just say what a relief it is to see that most of our star kids (Jack, Nico, Luke, Meier, Bratt(sometimes), Mercer) are big-game players that don't shy away in high pressure situations?  Jack and Nico especially CLEARLY want to win, they hate losing, etc.  We're building around guys that will give it their all every time.  We could become the Bruins here, folks.

Watching the Leafs absolutely choke away their series against the Panthers* with their "big 4" contributing next to nothing... Mathews, Marner especially looking like ghosts.  Just makes me feel lucky that our core thus far has shown a ton of fight.  There will of course be clunker series (Canes could win the next 2 here) but I have faith this core will make deep runs over the next decade.

Also shoutout to Fitz for not crippling the team with bad contracts.  See: Mathews, Marner again.  The fact that Nico and Jack are locked up for the foreseeable future at a combined ~15M is INSANE.  Compare that to Mathews/Marner at $22.5M!  That delta is an entirely additional player, or some really, really good depth pieces.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3
  • EvilHeart 2

27 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Sidebar - can I just say what a relief it is to see that most of our star kids (Jack, Nico, Luke, Meier, Bratt(sometimes), Mercer) are big-game players that don't shy away in high pressure situations?  Jack and Nico especially CLEARLY want to win, they hate losing, etc.  We're building around guys that will give it their all every time.  We could become the Bruins here, folks.

Watching the Leafs absolutely choke away their series against the Leafs with their "big 4" contributing next to nothing... Mathews, Marner especially looking like ghosts.  Just makes me feel lucky that our core thus far has shown a ton of fight.  There will of course be clunker series (Canes could win the next 2 here) but I have faith this core will make deep runs over the next decade.

Also shoutout to Fitz for not crippling the team with bad contracts.  See: Mathews, Marner again.  The fact that Nico and Jack are locked up for the foreseeable future at a combined ~15M is INSANE.  Compare that to Mathews/Marner at $22.5M!  That delta is an entirely additional player, or some really, really good depth pieces.

That delta is almost one Timo Meier. 

• Like 1