GDT: Carolina @ Devils- Game 4 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals 7:00 PM ESPN

MadDog2020

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

There's a ton of people leaving, can see them out the window near championship plaza

I don’t blame them. I turned it off myself. 

• Like 2

There's a ton of people leaving, can see them out the window near championship plaza

ESPN had a camera on the far end of championship plaza showing them leaving. It wasn’t a fun shot. 

I'm ok with the 2nd round exit, especially taking out the Rags. But no adjustments with besides player moves. It's just horrible coaching.  It's like pond hockey against real hockey. Just gross 🤮

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's too bad Bratt has been almost completely MIA. PK said it best on the intermission. He's not a top 6 guy, he's a top 3 guy. He's not been good enough... At all. All the weight he should be helping carry just falls to Jack.

Not piling on bratt but talk about invisible. We are further than most of us thought so and that a$$hole Carolina team is really solid. We beat they rangers in a series and I’ll take that. Game 5 still has to be played and you never know. Grab one there and we are back here for game 6. Anyway 2nd round in playoffs is phenomenal this season. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Can’t really blame them. Who needs to stick around to watch this sh!t on a weeknight? 6-1 in the 3rd. They ain’t coming back.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I wonder if NJ has ever been booed off the ice in the playoffs before.

I’m pretty sure 2009 game 7 against these guys. And Game 5 2010 vs the flyers. The only playoff game I ever walked out of before the 3rd 

2008 and 2010 game 5s to be eliminated they were booed off the ice. Don't recall anything during a 2nd period though. 

Ah yea I forgot about losing to the Rags 4 games to 1 or whatever. I went to one of those games.

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Giveaways are 19-1?!? How is that even possible in a second round playoff game?!?

Extremely disciplined and well coached team vs a team that relies heavily on a few highly skilled players to play “hero ball” for lack of a better term. 

Just now, capo said:

I'm ok with the 2nd round exit, especially taking out the Rags. But no adjustments with besides player moves. It's just horrible coaching.  It's like pond hockey against real hockey. Just gross 🤮

There's losing and then there's this mess. If rather lose these games by 1 or 2 goals, a blowout loss for every loss the entire playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m pretty sure 2009 game 7 against these guys. And Game 5 2010 vs the flyers. The only playoff game I ever walked out of before the 3rd 

I don't even remember anyone booing during 09, felt more like complete shock and silence. I've never watched it back and never will so my memory could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's losing and then there's this mess. If rather lose these games by 1 or 2 goals, a blowout loss for every loss the entire playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. 

They’ll likely be blown out in game 5 too. I’m not optimistic for a different outcome. 

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Fascinating, considering the years we’ve had in goal until this year 

I don't know how the hell he sticks around. I think Marty brought him in from St. Louis so maybe Marty is protecting him. But after a while....wtf. The guy is terrible. 

I agree. It blows.

I'm happy they got here. I'm beyond happy they beat the rags. I won't be upset with anything in aggregate.

But right here, right now, I don't know how you lose in the playoffs this way every game and it's frustrating and embarrassing.

• Like 3

I don't even remember anyone booing during 09, felt more like complete shock and silence. I've never watched it back and never will so my memory could be wrong. 

Yeah in 2009 people were too stunned to boo. I played a fist tune on a garbage can in the men’s room after that game. 

• Like 1

Just now, slasher72 said:

If they get blown out I'm not giving Lindy an extension so fast. 

I’d imagine it’s already worked out. Maybe Fitz calls for Brewnet to be replaced if no one hires him, but I could see that being about it.  

McGill I actually like, despite these playoff meltdowns. His defense and PK has largely overachieved compared to the much more skilled unit Brewnet has. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I remember people being so mad. Maybe not actually booing. I was damn near laughing because it was so ridiculous how fast that game turned. I remember them playing the Madden line for like 20 minutes that night and really hating that. I was in section 2 and someone threw their jersey down as we were walking out. Thought that was pretty crazy. 

• Like 1