The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Are you sure it's the 8 years? Might be something to do with the RFA status.

My guess is that is poorly worded and means the Devils are really just letting potential suitors negotiate a contract with him directly in advance of a trade.   Our return might be slightly higher if the other team knows what the contract going forward looks like in advance of the move.      

13 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

My guess is that is poorly worded and means the Devils are really just letting potential suitors negotiate a contract with him directly in advance of a trade.   Our return might be slightly higher if the other team knows what the contract going forward looks like in advance of the move.      

Yeah that's my guess.  Ok, we have him for 2-3 years at a locked-down rate, he'll be here before anyone we draft in the 3rd round or so would be, Devils never had any designs on keeping him, so we'll give that up, here ya go.  

• Like 1

Just now, Guadana said:

now we can compare Newhook career with Sharangovich. 

I will not be surprised, if we will see this picks in the Sharangovich trade

As long as Score-a-goal-vich doesn't bring back a 5th rounder and that's the end of it. Let's go Fitz!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guadana said:

now we can compare Newhook career with Sharangovich. 

I will not be surprised, if we will see this picks in the Sharangovich trade

It's not quite apples-to-apples, in that Newhook is younger by a few years (only 22), and is a former first-rounder himself.  Also not sure what his skillset is, compared to Sharangovich...maybe Newhook's better at doing what he brings than Sharangovich.

But the return for Newhook is encouraging.  Guess we'll find out soon enough if you were right about what Sharangovich can bring back...if you're vindicated, serious kudos to you!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, moustic said:

Newhook's deal give some hope for Sharangovich indeed..and less to grab Colton from Tampa at a decent price...

Maybe even a three-way deal...Sharangovich to some team for a pick or two, that pick or two send Tampa's way for Colton.  

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's not quite apples-to-apples, in that Newhook is younger by a few years (only 22), and is a former first-rounder himself.  Also not sure what his skillset is, compared to Sharangovich...maybe Newhook's better at doing what he brings than Sharangovich.

But the return for Newhook is encouraging.  Guess we'll find out soon enough if you were right about what Sharangovich can bring back...if you're vindicated, serious kudos to you!

It`s not a deep dive. It`s just a market for players like Yegor. I`m waiting late first, or second+third. Not just a third or worser pick. Just because what track record he has, how older is he etc. Trades of jeannot, newhook, lankonen, even hagel. Some were more productive and bring even more. But we can find some middle ground. I would say if it is 3rd round only or even worse than it`s a bad trade or bad negotiation situation for Fitz. Fitz isn`t in situation where he cant give him even 3 mil for two years, and if Yegor can`t make a new step, he can make a good deal with retain some salary for example and take a good compensation.  I`m overthinking it now, but we just in a good situation in this trade - Yegor still young, still score 13 goals in limited role, still rfa, and we are not over the cap in the moment. If we would be over the cap, compensation would be worser.

38 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Considering Kevin Hayes at 50% retained just got the same return as an RFA G that was about to be untendered in Blackwood, I have no idea what players are worth anymore.    

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Considering Kevin Hayes at 50% retained just got the same return as an RFA G that was about to be untendered in Blackwood, I have no idea what players are worth anymore.    

It really does seem to be case-by-case.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think giving Shango away for a 3rd or less doesn't help the team.  If you can get a decent haul-fine, but internally who is better than him?  Boki? No.  Anyone from Utica including Holtz? (weak skater/defense). No.  Or give him 5 months

to see what happens.  As a team that should easily make the playoffs they have the luxury of doing that. He may have more value to the team (versatile/center/wing/pk/small cap hit/proven goal scorer) than what he'll bring in a trade at this point.

I'd like to see them package Shango/Holtz/3rd  for someone like Lawson Crouse.  My Trade Deadline (or sooner) Wish.

3 hours ago, Guadana said:

Prey for Fitz.

Hey, I think you're right re: Shar. Fitz would love to throw him a 2.5-4 million dollar "show me contract" at another 2-3 years, but the steps taken this year by the team and the cap space means it won't work. 

Let's say he came back at a 1 year, 3.5 million dollars a year deal. Even if he scored 30-40 goals in '23-24, we wouldn't be able to keep him longer term. Toffoli makes us deeper on the right side where that's the only place that Shar can go with Meier and Bratt as top two LWs. 

• Like 1