The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

On 9/11/2023 at 5:06 PM, vincois said:

To hear Fitz talk, he thinks highly of both Holtz & Foote. (said recently in interviews. I'm sure teams have asked for Holtz & Fitz shot it down.  All of us thought Holtz would end up on right side of Jack? Eventually maybe?

I think they will try to make the life for him more easy and give him Haula and Palat as partners, both can win puck battles and retrieve the puck and Holtz can sneaky find the open spot for shots. And their opponents will be easier, because the strongest opposition will be use against Nico and Jack lines. This is how I think they will do it. May be they will try to use Alexander on the wing with Nico and Jack, but we still don’t know, is he ready for that or not. Expectations are higher this season.

• Like 1

Can't be anything more than a depth signing.  Weird though. 

BTW he'll make $350k at the AHL level, $775k at the NHL level.  He's made just 18 appearances (14 starts) at the NHL level over the past four seasons. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wouldn't even want him with the AHL team. Nightmares of goalies past. 

To me it's odd because Fitz already snagged his cheap "in case of absolute emergency goalie" in Kallgren.  Kinkaid feels redundant and unnecessary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To me it's odd because Fitz already snagged his cheap "in case of absolute emergency goalie" in Kallgren.  Kinkaid feels redundant and unnecessary.

Maybe he was brought in as a backup social media admin to Dougie 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I read somewhere that Daws is going to miss a ton of time this season? So KK is likely AHL backup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

I read somewhere that Daws is going to miss a ton of time this season? So KK is likely AHL backup.

You are correct, re:  Daws...looks like he'll be out until about Xmas:

Utica Comets' Nico Daws out for extended period after surgery | Utica Comets/UCFC | romesentinel.com

Looks like Brennan, Poulter, Kallgren and KK are all in the Utica mix.  Guessing either KK or Kallgren would get the first call if something happens to VV or Schmid.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You are correct, re:  Daws...looks like he'll be out until about Xmas:

Utica Comets' Nico Daws out for extended period after surgery | Utica Comets/UCFC | romesentinel.com

Looks like Brennan, Poulter, Kallgren and KK are all in the Utica mix.  Guessing either KK or Kallgren would get the first call if something happens to VV or Schmid.   

Although what’s stranger is that KK has an AHL contract with Chicago Wolves. So, who knows how that plays out.

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Even weirder...so guess he only figures into this franchise's plans if a lot of sh!t goes wrong with the big club?  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Keith Kinkaid blocked me on Twitter even though I had never once tweeted at him or about him. For that reason I hope he never puts a Devils jersey on ever again. Big fvcking baby. 

I have enjoyed the off-season but it's good to be back!!!!! Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

I know nothing about Max, but based on this photo I would say he is a Claude Giroux impersonator. 

28 years old, 50 NHL games , 6 points.  He is 0.5 PPG at AHL level for Leigh Valley. 

Is our AHL forward depth really that bad!!?!

18 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I know nothing about Max, but based on this photo I would say he is a Claude Giroux impersonator. 

28 years old, 50 NHL games , 6 points.  He is 0.5 PPG at AHL level for Leigh Valley. 

Seriously why is it a thing for the Flyers to always have gingers on their team?

20 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Looks like there might be a couple graduating soon.  Who knows if this guy in particular even snags a spot?