Travis Green to replace Brunette

Nicomo

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Used to be Vancouver’s head coach

I actually remember him as a player back in the day.  Loooooong time ago.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I actually remember him as a player back in the day.  Loooooong time ago.

Yep with the Islanders; played for them back in the 90’s. Think he played for Toronto at one point too.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

‘Friedman noted that Green was mulling several options — reportedly with the Calgary Flames and Toronto Maple Leafs — but chose the Devils, who recorded a franchise-best 52 wins and 112 points in 2022-23. Green, a former 14-year NHL center, was also teammates with Devils general manager Tom Fitzgerald with the New York Islanders, Boston Bruins and Maple Leafs during the late 1990s and early 2000s.’

Edited by MadDog2020

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep with the Islanders; played for them back in the 90’s. Think he played for Toronto at one point too.

Yeah that’s exactly the time that I remember him…as a young kid with a bright future as an Islander.  We’re actually about the same age…I’ve got about six months on him.  Ouch.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well this is encouraging, then not encouraging, then encouraging, and then not encouraging again...

My first thought was "well that's not exactly consistent" but then reading this literally made me laugh out loud in the office.   Good stuff.    

• Like 2

I'm surprised more people don't remember Travis Green, especially a couple of the guys here who are a few years older than me. I totally remember him in the 90s on the Islanders, and also on the Coyotes. I don't really remember his short stint in between on the Ducks. 

He had a couple 20-25 goal seasons and he played quite a while - just under a thousand games. I don't really know what to expect with him, but he definitely has some experience. 

Edited by NJDfan1711

2 hours ago, Muevelos said:

Brylin is still behind the bench right? Hope so, he'll be a HC one day and I'm hoping it's here

Brylin was one of Ruff's assistants this past season and nothing has changed as far as I am aware. He's still on staff. Taylor is the only outdated guy on there. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/team/coaching-staff

Edited by RizzMB30
  • EvilHeart 1

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

My first thought was "well that's not exactly consistent" but then reading this literally made me laugh out loud in the office.   Good stuff.    

What do you mean? Highly consistent. Let's go 1st in PP this year.... then 32nd..... but for this year sky's the limit. The box could even be a boat! You know how much we want one of those

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Early returns on Green are looking pretty good. The PP has been absolutely lethal to a tune of 42.86%, which is currently 2nd in the league. 

Obviously a small sample size, but after years of Recchi and Brunette this start (particularly just how dominant they look) has been very encouraging. 

• Like 3