Erik Haula stays for 3 more / 9.45million in total

Capt Kirk Muller

He's a vet who is not tentative and not afraid.  Energy and leadership.  

The world is full of fools who play manager.

He's a valuable piece of this team.  I'm thankful that Tom agrees.

• Like 1

He really changed my opinion of him fast down the stretch.   He was always a good player for us but it was hard to look beyond the constant muffing of prime chances for the first 2/3rds of the season.   That being said, he seems to fit the team like a glove and in hindsight, it's clear he was just snakebitten.   Glad to have him back on a very fair deal.       

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

He really changed my opinion of him fast down the stretch.   He was always a good player for us but it was hard to look beyond the constant muffing of prime chances for the first 2/3rds of the season.   That being said, he seems to fit the team like a glove and in hindsight, it's clear he was just snakebitten.   Glad to have him back on a very fair deal.       

Yes.  He's the exact type of player to keep around.  The type of player you want to give security so he can buy in fully.  In addition to Fitzgerald, I'm thankful for the other GMs that didn't recognize what they had.   If you want to win cups, you need players like this.  

#56 LFG

Let the man settle finally.  The kids dig him.  Keep shooting Erik.  

• Like 1

Analytically speaking, I don't know hockey like the regulars on this board.  I've been visiting here for a decade or so.

I've been intimidated to post.

I've been watching this team since the days of Muller, Terreri, and Fetisov.

What I know is that when I watched Haula this last season, I quickly came to believe in his value.  He's not an empty shot.  He's versatile and a fire starter.

This is the signing I was most hoping for.  It's significant.  The commitment to Bratt gives me more anxiety than this move.  

He's a keeper 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Capt Kirk Muller said:

Analytically speaking, I don't know hockey like the regulars on this board.  I've been visiting here for a decade or so.

What I know is that when I watched Haula this last season, I quickly came to believe in his value.  He's not an empty shot.  He's versatile and a fire starter.

This is the signing I was most hoping for.  It's significant.  The commitment to Bratt gives me more anxiety than this move.  

He's a keeper 

You should post more, there are plenty of us here who while they respect the analytics of hockey and those who care about that stuff that don't really care about them overall, myself included.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Capt Kirk Muller said:

He's a keeper 

Pleeeeeease by all means, post!  There is very good give-and-take here.  

• Like 5

AAV is a little higher than I would’ve liked, but it’s not a killer by any stretch, and it was pretty clear that he was coming back.  All he needs to do is be steadier than last season and he’ll be just fine.  No issues with this.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Capt Kirk Muller said:

He's a keeper 

Post. The bad people are gone. They can't hurt you anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • EvilHeart 1

11 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I liked him all year despite his lack of scoring. Just completely different effort compared to Zacha.

I expect their production to be closer next year…one guy shot well over his career shooting%, and the other a bit below.

And yeah, very different players.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I expect their production to be closer next year…one guy shot well over his career shooting%, and the other a bit below.

And yeah, very different players.  

Well yeah, one gave a damn even when snake bitten, the other vanished like a fart in the wind.

::Throws rocks through a poster on the wall::

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Hope that’s true, if he ends up in the wood spot he needs to provide a little offense down there as well as some decent physicality 

Wood almost scored 20 goals a couple times (19 & 17). Lazar is never going to come anywhere close to that. And that’s ok. The team was trash when Wood was putting up those numbers. The depth is so much better now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Wood almost scored 20 goals a couple times (19 & 17). Lazar is never going to come anywhere close to that. And that’s ok. The team was trash when Wood was putting up those numbers. The depth is so much better now. 

Yea that was kind of my point, lazar doesn’t provide much of anything when it comes to putting up points. 

36 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Yea that was kind of my point, lazar doesn’t provide much of anything when it comes to putting up points. 

Wood isn’t exactly much of points horse either, really…and Lazar at least brings a lot less stupidity (read:  bad penalties).

That being said, I think Lazar will wind up being more of a lower-line depth guy, than someone who will play anywhere near 82 games…and that’s fine.  He barely makes more than ELC guys.

Wood being gone means some kids (Foote, Clarke, etc) will get a shot at winning a spot out of preseason.  I know Miles brought speed but it just doesn’t feel like his overall game will be missed much.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wood isn’t exactly much of points horse either, really…and Lazar at least brings a lot less stupidity (read:  bad penalties).

That being said, I think Lazar will wind up being more of a lower-line depth guy, than someone who will play anywhere near 82 games…and that’s fine.  He barely makes more than ELC guys.

Wood being gone means some kids (Foote, Clarke, etc) will a shot at winning a spot out of preseason.  I know Miles brought speed but it just doesn’t feel like his overall game will be missed much.

I’m not sad to see wood go, I’ve been over him for a while. His speed would be great if it helped translate play into something. I still think there’s going to be a forward added maybe someone to plug into the third line and maybe a bottom pairing dman. We’ll see I guess 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I’m not sad to see wood go, I’ve been over him for a while. His speed would be great if it helped translate play into something. I still think there’s going to be a forward added maybe someone to plug into the third line and maybe a bottom pairing dman. We’ll see I guess 

I don’t think there’s many fans sorry to see Wood go at this point heh heh.  His whole game just wore thin.

I won’t be surprised if Fitz adds a forward to the mix, but I still think he’s going to take a “Let me see what I have here first” approach before he does.  If Clarke or Foote have a future here, it’s probably time to find out…both are 22 and have multiple AHL seasons under their belts.