Jump to content

2023 New York J-E-T-S season thread


NJDevs4978

Recommended Posts

I mean Boomer should stay out of this but I heard the segment in question and it was definitely a bit cringey. I immediately thought he was misinterpreting Saleh’s message and assumed he just said that because he was surprised Benigno wanted that, which is what the claim was the next day - an easy thing to cop to whether it’s true or not that something got lost in translation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I mean Boomer should stay out of this but I heard the segment in question and it was definitely a bit cringey. I immediately thought he was misinterpreting Saleh’s message and assumed he just said that because he was surprised Benigno wanted that, which is what the claim was the next day - an easy thing to cop to whether it’s true or not that something got lost in translation 

Yeah it’s just fvcked up that Benigno went and spilled the beans about the text. Why should Saleh trust him with information? And now, why should the Jets trust Saleh knowing he’s blabbing to Benigno? It’s a circus 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow…bad loss for Texans in the making here.  Outside of the fumble Wilson’s had one of his finest halves of QB play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And now their QB bites the dust, what a season for NFL QB injuries 

Yeah that did not look good, and he looked plenty glazed heading into the tunnel.  Hard to imagine he’s not concussed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see we're back to the same sh!t this week after one illusory half of elite offensive football

And now 17-0, well at least they won't do anything stupid with Rodgers at this point, no sense bringing him back with this turnstile of an offensive line at 5-9

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually here at Hard Rock for this game.

Wow the Jets are just…bad.  Not that my team is any great shakes at the moment, but good lord.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Nice to see we're back to the same sh!t this week after one illusory half of elite offensive football

And now 17-0, well at least they won't do anything stupid with Rodgers at this point, no sense bringing him back with this turnstile of an offensive line at 5-9

I thought this would be a close game. Nope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Actually here at Hard Rock for this game.

Wow the Jets are just…bad.  Not that my team is any great shakes at the moment, but good lord.

This is the kind of game that gets GM’s and coaches fired under normal circumstances, but who knows what Lord Aaron wants…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honest to God if they lost that game to Washington after being up 27-7 and about to make it either 30-7 or 34-7, only to have an ill timed INT turn the tide and have the dam break...I almost wonder if Woody would reconsider his Douglas/Saleh are safe stance. Wasn't Mangini told he was safe too in 2008? I know the players were surprised when he was fired.

Understand this effects draft position but we can't be trusted to get it right at 2, 5, or 12 anyway. Would be nice if the Jets can win their next 2 and go into the offseason at 8-9. I'm kind of sick of the constant draft posturing. Yea it can matter for generational talents but usually a good team will find players in every round and all over the board. Eventually you just have to just win.

We all suspected Douglas and Saleh would return and get their year with Rodgers. I personally don't want either, but I'm more down on Douglas with his poor drafts, oline that is still under construction years later, Zach bust pick, no competent backup this year.

With a real backup I know we'd be something like 8-7 right now. But Douglas wasn't having it. He pulled the plug on a season the players wanted a chance to win in.

Saleh at least has proven he can coach a defense. There's a lot of issues with him as well but if you pair him with a competent OC and a QB that's at least average, he could do ok. We have seen his defense win some games

 

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought i heard an interesting quote by Aaron Rodgers

He said something like "I can see myself staying(or sticking around) here after I'm done playing"

And he's always down on the sidelines with his headset. Next year I dont care what the official titles say...our Offensive Coordinator will be Aaron Rodgers. 

Is thinking of taking Saleh's job in 2025 or 2026. Trying to find the exact quote but I know I heard him mention something about "sticking around here after I'm no longer playing"

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Commanders know when and how to tank, they have the expert on that owning them now!

All I think about when I see games like this is...could we have maybe had Brissett here as a backup? Maybe they sneak into the playoffs and Rodgers is starting the Wild Card game.

Douglas punting the entire season after 4 plays, that's the kind of stuff that's dangerous enough to blow up a locker room. There are guys here that desperately want to win. They wouldnt have beaten Houston and Washington if they all checked out. Douglas needs to answer to the players for this, because there are guys who were anticipating being on a team that wanted to compete and the GM folded up shop week 1.  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On an NFL side note…of course with the Chefs losing another bad game, suddenly some fans (and even media) are somehow trying to insinuate that Taylor Friggin’ Swift is a driving force.

I’m not a fan of her music and I do personally find her annoying, but how could she possibly be affecting the on-field product?  Pretty sure she’s not attending practices.  Or dropping balls.  Or throwing pick-6s.  Or fumbling.

All I see her doing is showing up to watch her boyfriend in a luxury box along with Mahomes’ wife and others, and it ain’t her fault that the camera has to remind us that she’s there at least 10 times per game.  Just seems unfair and sexist to go the “Yoko Ono” route.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On an NFL side note…of course with the Chefs losing another bad game, suddenly some fans (and even media) are somehow trying to insinuate that Taylor Friggin’ Swift is a driving force.

I’m not a fan of her music and I do personally find her annoying, but how could she possibly be affecting the on-field product?  Pretty sure she’s not attending practices.  Or dropping balls.  Or throwing pick-6s.  Or fumbling.

All I see her doing is showing up to watch her boyfriend in a luxury box along with Mahomes’ wife and others, and it ain’t her fault that the camera has to remind us that she’s there at least 10 times per game.  Just seems unfair and sexist to go the “Yoko Ono” route.  

The Chiefs suck because they dumped Tyreek Hill and Eric Bienemy. Period. These people are beyond stupid. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.