Who's the 2nd Ring of Honoree?

Rock

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I would be another vote for MacLean.   First off, he deserves it but it also feels like a move that would instantly wipe away the sour taste left by his coaching tenure here the same way “sorry Lindy” changed the narrative in one night.  Not saying MacLean didn’t deserve to be fired but it shouldn’t define him as a Devil.  

Also, I can never get sick of watching his OT goal against the Blackhawks with Gary Thorne absolutely going off on the call.  

Still blows my mind that we had Gary Thorne AND Doc as PBP announcers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I would be another vote for MacLean.   First off, he deserves it but it also feels like a move that would instantly wipe away the sour taste left by his coaching tenure here the same way “sorry Lindy” changed the narrative in one night.  Not saying MacLean didn’t deserve to be fired but it shouldn’t define him as a Devil.  

Also, I can never get sick of watching his OT goal against the Blackhawks with Gary Thorne absolutely going off on the call.  

It really is a shame that the lasting memories some Devils fans have of MacLean is his ill-fated coaching stint (it was a complete disaster and the sad thing is that he should've been fired much earlier...he was THAT bad as an NHL head coach), and his bizarre mispronunciations of certain Devils ("On-reek", "Eee-leee-ash").

The guy was a hell of an offensive player in his prime here, and a big part of the Devils transitioning from local joke to SC champion.  Sucks that he suffered that damned ACL tear, because he was primed for a 50-goal season, and suffered it in the Devils' final preseason game in 1991.  He's still my favorite Devil of all-time.   

• Like 4