2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

The Blackhawks just said if you have consensual sex (UNCONFIRMED), your contract is terminated

Rape someone and/or cover it up and you’ll be honored and highly recommended to be a predator elsewhere.

Are you referring to the rumor someone started on Reddit that he banged Bedard's mom? You can't honestly believe that's the real reason... There has to be a near zero chance that is legit....tune in at 4 CST.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, jagknife said:

“you’re just jealous he hits like Stevens! If Stevens was clean so is Trouba. You’re just jealous bitches.”

yeah, as borderline as Scotty was, he never baseball swung an opponent’s fvcking face.

but of course this bullsh!t league won’t actually do anything of substance to him.

Parros is a fvcking fraud.

Niedermayer did though lol on Warrel

18 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

Yeah, but he was NEVER viewed as a dirty player, not even close to one. And that was WAY out of character (AND he got suspended for it)

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Are you referring to the rumor someone started on Reddit that he banged Bedard's mom? You can't honestly believe that's the real reason... There has to be a near zero chance that is legit....tune in at 4 CST.

I trust absolutely NOTHING that Chicago says.

56 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

For which he was suspended ten games, which I remember thinking was excessive given that he was otherwise a clean player (although I’m hardly objective where Scott Niedermayer is concerned, as he was my favorite player from that era of Devils history).

• Like 1

oh please keep throwing stones from your glass home, Davidson. I don’t care if you were part of the organization or not when it happened, but you represent one of the most embarrassing franchises in terms of protecting people who committed HEINOUS acts, let alone “disgusting.” Give up the moral high ground on this one and come clean about what happened rather than “it’s a workplace incident” 

• Like 3

Red Wings with a pair of goals just 23 seconds apart…leading 2-1 over the Rangers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Red Wings with a pair of goals just 23 seconds apart…leading 2-1 over the Rangers.

Funny seeing Trouba out there.   I could have sworn I saw him with a chop to another man’s head over the weekend that was a sure fire suspension.   

• Like 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

Funny seeing Trouba out there.   I could have sworn I saw him with a chop to another man’s head over the weekend that was a sure fire suspension.   

It was an “accident”.  Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Rangers are putting together a start like last years’ Devils. 

Less attention since they haven’t gone on an undefeated year, but they are building a very nice cushion against the inevitable hiccups. 

And they look legit too. I was skeptical coming into the season, but Lav has done a great job, and their lineup has been solid across the board. 

2 hours ago, smelly said:

Rangers are putting together a start like last years’ Devils. 

Less attention since they haven’t gone on an undefeated year, but they are building a very nice cushion against the inevitable hiccups. 

And they look legit too. I was skeptical coming into the season, but Lav has done a great job, and their lineup has been solid across the board. 

I def wanted the Devils to hire Lav when we had the chance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slasher72 said:

I def wanted the Devils to hire Lav when we had the chance. 

I'm not so sure Lav would've wanted the Devils though (at the time).  You can try to make the argument that Fitz could've let Lindy go for Lav this offseason, but regardless of what I think of Lindy, it's just an impossible sell...coaches who see their teams put up 112 points and knock off a bitter rival after being down 0-2 (in ugly fashion) simply don't get shown the door.  And of course Lindy's players like him a lot.  

Re:  the Ranger game (I watched most of it)...as much as I hate to say it, they absolutely earned the win...they played a terrific third period, completely dominated the Wings.  They're playing very well right now for sure...the Laviolette era is off to a great start there, but at the same time, he's never been one to last THAT long in many of his prior starts...Lav always did come with an expiration date.

If anything, their fast start makes it that much easier not to think about them...Devils don't have to win the Metro; they just gotta make the playoffs.  If they don't catch the Rangers this season, so be it.  If the Devils pull to within four points of them by February (they don't play each other again until then), then I'll start to wonder if it's possibly to pass them in the standings.  But that's a long way off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I'm more worried about the Capitals.   They won again last night and have games in hand which tonight is the Ducks (free 2 points?).   I didn't have them taking up a playoff spot before the season started, so this is concerning.    

I also didn't think the Wings would be as good as they've been so far this year.  Granted they're not in our division, but if we are competing for a Wild Card spot, they're an extra team that were fighting with. Right now at the 1/4 point in the season we have a game in hand but they're 4pts up, so technically they could still be ahead of is by a game/2pts. 

Not worried, just aware. I think the Wing will fall off some, and we'll rise. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I'm more worried about the Capitals.   They won again last night and have games in hand which tonight is the Ducks (free 2 points?).   I didn't have them taking up a playoff spot before the season started, so this is concerning.    

I'm actually NOT that worried about the Caps myself...feels like they're going to fall back to Earth in time (they're putting up a .926 save% 5-on-5, for one...is that going to continue?  Getting outchanced by a good margin too).  December often has a way of weeding out the pretenders...the Caps have a lot of road games coming up that month (9 of them, with only 5 home games).  If they get through that and haven't fallen too far, they'll definitely start to get my attention. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Not a bad price, but he is also UFA after this season 

Yeah, was more saying along the lines of the dreams some of us, me included, had of him coming here.

3rd and 5th wasn’t bad at all, but we woulda have had to pay more to get them to retain or pull in another team.

• Like 1