2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Depends on the reason.  I wouldn't say fans should NEVER boo their own players...especially if it's a player who's clearly not giving nearly enough effort.    

But for the most part, I agree that it's better to try to support your own guys and let them know that when this guy or that guy is off to a tough start or going through a serious funk, that you're still rooting for them to pull out of it.

but what if they hold their hand up to their ear after they score? lol

21 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

but what if they hold their hand up to their ear after they score? lol

Heh heh that actually didn't bother me at all.  Definitely pissed off some fans.  My take on it will always be the same...I think Taylor's just one of those guys who has an awkward sense of humor that doesn't always land or is easy to misinterpret.  But it was a long time ago and he's become rather well-traveled since...hard to believe that he's been on four teams since then.  Who saw that coming after 2017-18?

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well I hope the fans don’t start booing Timo for underperforming. It accomplishes nothing. 

He's our guy for eight more years...yeah, I don't have any interest in booing him.  But man I hope he starts to pick it up at some point.  Or at the very least, start to look more comfortable as a Devil.

This won't happen but I almost want to see him go back to #96.  Not that it will make some major difference...for some reason that felt more "right" here.   

• Like 2

Ranger fans are a lot better at giving it than they are at taking it.  I actually thought those Leafs fans were kinda funny.  But typical Rags fans…goof on them just a little and they look for a fist fight.  God that fanbase sucks.

• Like 6

Not a defense of Rangers fans, or anyone, but when people yell excessively at games I get annoyed. You're in public, if you want to yell dumb sh!t stay at home and yell at your TV. I have no problem with a bit of it, but sometimes you end up next to some drunk a$$hole that'll take it too far or just do it the entire game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not a defense of Rangers fans, or anyone, but when people yell excessively at games I get annoyed. You're in public, if you want to yell dumb sh!t stay at home and yell at your TV. I have no problem with a bit of it, but sometimes you end up next to some drunk a$$hole that'll take it too far or just do it the entire game.

Agreed.  I also tend to get annoyed when people insist on talking in public about subjects best kept private.  At Devils-Sharks, two twenty-something men sitting behind me were bragging about the amount of money they make working for an engineering firm.  I didn’t react or otherwise indicate that I’d heard them, but I remember thinking that I’ve never shared my income with anyone unless they were helping me file my taxes or vetting me for a large purchase that might require a loan or mortgage.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yeah if those Leafs fans were yelling sh!t the whole game, yeah, that could get old in a hurry.  Of course Ranger fans do plenty of that in our building.  Like I said, great at dishing, not so much at taking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Just to make our Timo woes feel a little better, Tuna had only scored his first goal of the season just 4 days ago (they're completely different levels of player/expectations, I know, but still)

Yeah, he was only averaging 11 minutes a night for the Avs, but still. Dude scored 20 goals last year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Just to make our Timo woes feel a little better, Tuna had only scored his first goal of the season just 4 days ago (they're completely different levels of player/expectations, I know, but still)

It’s still alarming to see his production dip that much, as he’s gone from productive role player for the Devils to afterthought for the Avalanche and Kraken.

3 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s still alarming to see his production dip that much, as he’s gone from productive role player for the Devils to afterthought for the Avalanche and Kraken.

This is why I didn’t really want him back. His 2021-22 season was still plenty fresh in my mind.  He seemed like a very probably regression candidate.

And even though Toffoli is in a slump at the moment, he’s been plenty productive so far.  Devils were never getting that level of play from Tatar.

• Like 1