2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

Just now, Henry Killinger said:

Remember hockey superstar Brett Seney?

Was watching a Chicago pre-season game the other day and noticed him in the lineup.

Surprised he is still around.

image.jpeg.28977b5bce4c80694d7a42665d897462.jpeg

Steve Cangialosi's son

cangialosi-steve11.jpg?w=204

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Henry Killinger said:

Remember hockey superstar Brett Seney?

Was watching a Chicago pre-season game the other day and noticed him in the lineup.

Surprised he is still around.

image.jpeg.28977b5bce4c80694d7a42665d897462.jpeg

Thought that was Cangi for a minute 🤣

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Steve Cangialosi's son

cangialosi-steve11.jpg?w=204

Beat me to it 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Hockey is on TV but it isn't Devils and that just kind of sucks.

It’s funny watching how much trouble these teams have on zone entries, especially Nashville, doing anything other than wrapping the puck around the boards.   We’re spoiled with Hughes and Bratt.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sad. He’s been around covering hockey for as long as I can remember. He’s survived every round of cuts there, too, But he’s been surprisingly very absent around ESPN since they won the tv rights. Maybe because of his illness. 

20 minutes ago, devlman said:

Sad. He’s been around covering hockey for as long as I can remember. He’s survived every round of cuts there, too, But he’s been surprisingly very absent around ESPN since they won the tv rights. Maybe because of his illness. 

I’m gonna miss him. People liked to clown on Barry, but the dude loves the sport passionately like all of us and I always enjoyed his analysis. I hope they find a cure for Parkinson’s. Such a cruel disease. 😥

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m gonna miss him. People liked to clown on Barry, but the dude loves the sport passionately like all of us and I always enjoyed his analysis. I hope they find a cure for Parkinson’s. Such a cruel disease. 😥

I always kinda liked him, too tbh. Even if he did tend to hate on the Devils at times. 

• Like 2

I think Bedard looks pretty good. He lost Crosby on his goal but I'm not really going to hold that against him. He looked a lot like Jack did early in his second year in the second period, which is pretty damn good for his first game. He has to have like 12 shot attempts or more.

Edited by NJDevils1214

I feel bad for Bedard.  I really do hope he lives up to the hype.  It was ridiculous tonight.

Edit: Let me rephrase my initial statement.  I don’t feel bad.  I’m sure he is enjoying the experience.  However, I would feel bad if he doesn’t live up to the expectations after all the hype.  He will be playing in a big market and there will be a great amount of media attention.  They are expecting him to be the next Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby or McDavid.  Watching parts of this game, it felt as if getting his point wasn’t enough for the media.

Edited by Puckbuster

8 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Game is only on ESPN+ tomorrow?  That would suck.  I saw each msg station is carrying those a-holes across the river

Yeah I have ESPN+ but that doesn’t make it any less annoying.  Can’t I just get the local guys working THE FIRST GAME WHICH ALSO HAPPENS TO BE AT HOME?!

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I have ESPN+ but that doesn’t make it any less annoying.  Can’t I just get the local guys working THE FIRST GAME WHICH ALSO HAPPENS TO BE AT HOME?!

It’s such crap.  Only thing that makes it tolerable is I bought tix the other day.  My older one was pretty much begging me to go to the home opener.