2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Pretty much sums it up.  They're as dumb as they come.  

I know it's early as fvck but I love the fact that sprinkling that killer youth throughout the Top 6 is paying no dividends at all.  

Phil Kessel is looking for a team, maybe he’ll take the Wheeler special

Then Kane too.

All the old toys that you probably shoulda make your kid donate to Goodwill a long while ago

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Phil Kessel is looking for a team, maybe he’ll take the Wheeler special

Then Kane too.

All the old toys that you probably shoulda make your kid donate to Goodwill a long while ago

I would love to see Kane re-sign there.

That would signal to me that Drury has absolutely no idea what to do.

• Like 2

Isles losing 3-0 tonight and getting outshot 41-23 so far.  Think the Devils took a lot out of em…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

nhl network doing one of those stupid follow the puck things with a black streak.  That blue streak was done which felt like decades ago which was stupid then.  Looks worse now.

I think this is the Ducks local broadcast.   I wonder if this is a regular thing for them.   

4 hours ago, nessus said:

Lafreniere scores an inconsequential goal that was completely set up by another player.

Rangers media: "The kids are alright!"

(Then, Rangers fans: "duhhhhh dah kidzer alright!")

The goal by PWM was even easier. Puck that squeezed by Grubauer and it laid on the goal line and all he had to do was tap it in

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Red Wings are an absolute wagon right now. Killing everyone. Devils handed them their only loss so far. 

DeBrincat with 8 goals in 6 GP so far.  He’s obviously not going to keep shooting over 42%, but he’s off to an insane start.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

DeBrincat with 8 goals in 6 GP so far.  He’s obviously not going to keep shooting over 42%, but he’s off to an insane start.

DeBrincat and Larkin seem to be carrying the Wings the same way Jack and Bratt are carrying the Devils. 

14 hours ago, Lateralous said:

This is kind of interesting.  All 32 teams play on Tuesday with staggered start times and ESPN2 is going to do a Red Zone style whip around show.   This explains the 7:15 start for the Devils.  

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38695935/nhl-frozen-frenzy-schedule-channel-matchups-teams

Heard about this a few weeks ago, I thought it took place this past Saturday when there were 15 games, and I realized we were one of only two teams that didn't play that day. 

I don't know what to expect but I'm glad I didn't miss it because I'm definitely going to tune in tomorrow and see what it looks like. It's a cool concept, and I think we all know how successful RedZone is, but I don't know that the broadcast and play by play of a hockey game will translate and have the same success as a football game. It's such a fast and hard sport to broadcast. 

We'll see. 

Edited by NJDfan1711

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Heard about this a few weeks ago, I thought it took place this past Saturday when there were 15 games, and I realized we were one of only two teams that didn't play that day. 

I don't know what to expect but I'm glad I didn't miss it because I'm definitely going to tune in tomorrow and see what it looks like. It's a cool concept, and I think we all know how successful RedZone is, but I don't know that the broadcast and play by play of a hockey game will translate and have the same success as a football game. It's such a fast and hard sport to broadcast. 

We'll see. 

I think its dumb, it works in football because they literally tune in when teams are in the red zone where scoring is a real probability plus most NFL fans love it because of betting and fantasy football.

What is the NHL gonna do? Show every powerplay? Apple TV has also done a show all year with the MLS called MLS 360 and even scheduled most games to all be 7:30 their local time so they can bounce around but soccer is even harder than hockey in that there's no given moment like a powerplay when someone has a higher chance to score besides a penalty kick. 

Plus as a Devils fan first and foremost I'm watching our game vs watching other early season games from around the league. You can just watch nhl now on the nhl network and catch all the highlights later. 

32 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not getting that much ice time with his new team so far…a shade over 13 minutes per game (second-fewest for forwards on the Flames).  He was over 16 mins per game during his first two Devils seasons.

Curious to see if he can force the Flames’ hands, into giving him more minutes.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I'm rooting for Yegor

I think Toffoli is a better fit for this team and I’m glad that Fitz made the deal, but yeah, not rooting against Sharangovich in the slightest.

• Like 2