2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

James needs to get the memo on our cap situation...

He got the memo; the cap space was mentioned. Quite frankly we should probably just LTIR Jack. I believe that’s a designation if you’re going to miss more than 10 games, which he probably will.

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He got the memo; the cap space was mentioned. Quite frankly we should probably just LTIR Jack. I believe that’s a designation if you’re going to miss more than 10 games, which he probably will.

Referring to Vincois comment on the last page. Should have included I was being SARCASTIC.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya he was fine. Colorado was gooning it up all over in the second

I’m already sick and tired of other teams taking liberties with our players and we’re only 12 games in. This sh!t needs to be put to an end.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m already sick and tired of other teams taking liberties with our players and we’re only 12 games in. This sh!t needs to be put to an end.

I agree. But whomever is on the ice at the time of the crime has to take care of business right then and there. (Like Palat did when Nico was hit) Folks can't jump over the boards. Toronto signed Ryan Reaves for that very purpose, & what happened. Marchard took out that defenseman (slew foot) & was chirping Leafs bench. I hope Reaves gets him (Marchand)  back. #63 is  still a pos. So before we go out & get an enforcer type, Reaves is like minus 8,  plays 8 minutes a game.  We don't have anyone with "nastiness". I wish we did. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vincois said:

I agree. But whomever is on the ice at the time of the crime has to take care of business right then and there. (Like Palat did when Nico was hit) Folks can't jump over the boards. Toronto signed Ryan Reaves for that very purpose, & what happened. Marchard took out that defenseman (slew foot) & was chirping Leafs bench. I hope Reaves gets him (Marchand)  back. #63 is  still a pos. So before we go out & get an enforcer type, Reaves is like minus 8,  plays 8 minutes a game.  We don't have anyone with "nastiness". I wish we did. 

Zadorov or Tanev would serve dual purposes: either would help solidify the blue line, while also adding some much needed sandpaper. I’m hoping Fitz can get something done there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well it won’t when all guys get is a slap on the wrist. Small fines, 2 game suspensions, etc. Start really hitting them in the wallet with 10 games and this sh!t will stop real quick. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Zadorov or Tanev would serve dual purposes: either would help solidify the blue line, while also adding some much needed sandpaper. I’m hoping Fitz can get something done there.

Yes to this. We need someone on our bench who puts fear into the opposing team's players. I get it, it's not the 90s anymore. But I'm not asking for a Probert, Domi, or Kocur. Just someone with an edge and physicality who can exact a pound of flesh when necessary. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Would love to keep him here beyond this season, will be interesting to see further down the line if we dump salary off in a trade or one of the younger players in a package that would need a raise. 

18 minutes ago, devlman said:

I get Nico not traveling with the team but that he’s still likely out for the game tomorrow makes me nervous that he did sustain a concussion. This is a serious issue that’s been overlooked because of Jack’s injury.

He definitely sustained a concussion. Fitz said yesterday Nico and Jack are not close right now. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What an ignorant statement.

You don’t fvck around with brain stuff. 

As a person with three knockout concussions (thanks motocross) and possibly an undiagnosed 4th, I can tell you sometimes my memory scares the absolute sh!t out of me. Maybe I just naturally have a horrible memory but it’s definitely a concern if they have contributed to it and the long term effects.