2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Kind of reminded me of the weekly clips of people fighting at several different football games every Sunday. I personally would be overly pissed off if I was out at a game spending hard earned money and had to deal with idiots fighting causing a mess for everyone around. Luckily, we don’t have this kind of crap in the arena, if it happens it seems to be super rare. 

Yeah in general I've been very lucky in that I haven't had any big fights break out close to me.  I don't want to deal with that sh!t either.

I told this story a couple of times before but in the third period of Game 2 vs the Rangers, a massive brawl was VERY close to happening, in my section and the section next to mine, and I'm glad that it didn't, because it would've taken place on the concrete steps, with the metal railing bisecting the steps...not to mention there were a number of young children there...if that's not an accidental death waiting to happen, I don't know what is. 

A d!ckhead Ranger fan had the "bravery" to throw his drink on a departing Devil fan who did NOTHING to warrant any kind of crap on the Ranger fan's part...the Devil fan did come back to confront the guy and let him know what a chickensh!t move that was...but all the Devil fan had to do was throw one punch, and everything would've gotten completely out of control very VERY quickly.  There were a bunch of Ranger fans all too ready to get their comrade's back...I'm guessing at least 10 people would've been mixing it up if it got physical.  Fortunately nothing more came of it.  

26 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Kind of reminded me of the weekly clips of people fighting at several different football games every Sunday. I personally would be overly pissed off if I was out at a game spending hard earned money and had to deal with idiots fighting causing a mess for everyone around. Luckily, we don’t have this kind of crap in the arena, if it happens it seems to be super rare. 

Football being mainly on weekends and including tailgating all day leads to a lot more people over drinking, especially those who can't handle their booze so that's why you see a lot more fights at NFL games. 

I'd love to see away fan only sections introduced to the NHL but it will probably never happen. I could see it in the NFL eventually if someone ever dies in one of these fights or if they just keep happening more. Plus the football is sorta use to it already because I know a lot of high schools separate the fans and I think most colleges do as well. 

It really is a better experience for everyone and I enjoy Red Bulls road games so much more because of it since the MLS does it. I'd also travel to way more Devils road games if the NHL introduced it vs like the 2 I've been to in the past decade. 

Per Amanda Stein, Nico still being evaluated, will be evaluated again on Monday, not practicing with the team today.

Sounds like he might be out for a bit.  Obviously sucks, but not like he’s exactly known for being an iron man.  Last year was a nice exception to the rule.

Hopefully he’ll be ok in a reasonable timeframe.

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

sh!t I thought he really said that lol, I was skimming the article like no fvckin way 

Oh man those would be fighting words lmao

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Nicomo said:

Should have known Nico actually staying healthy and being a PPG player was too good to be true. 

I still think the offense will come this year.  But yeah sucks that he’s back to missing games.

Too bad Elias couldn’t play in THIS era.  He’d put up some serious numbers.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Barring injury, Jack will be he greatest forward in Devils history, but as of today, Elias owns that distinction by a country mile.

Jack is already better than Elias ever was (or any other Devils forward for that matter), but yeah, Jack’s gotta do it for several more years.

But he does things that no player in franchise history ever could.  There’s obviously been several guys who were quite gifted in their own right who played here (Elias, Kovy, Richer), but Jack is a flat-out superstar.  

• Like 1

What is it currently about teams such as Detroit, Vegas and Boston who are playing lights out that the Devils aren’t doing the same to their opponents?  Besides goaltending and penalty killing.  What is it about those teams at the moment that they’re dominating and the Devils just aren’t?  I know it’s only 4 games in for the Devils but some of those teams already played 6 games.  That’s why I hate ever having strong expectations because we always see what can happen once the puck drops.  Bruins in the playoffs last year is a perfect example.  Just don’t like the thought “good on paper”.