GDT: Washington @ Devils 7:30 PM TNT/MAX

MadDog2020

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Exactly this.  Tonight should be a wake up call to the team that slow starts will dig you too far into a hole.  This team doesn't quit, but even with the talent they have it's hard to win a game when you start down 3-0 so early.  The second period was fun, but they were bad tonight more often than they were good, simple as that.

They clawed their way back and handed the game back to WAS though. Slow start was bad, but then after a really strong second period they came back out in the 3rd and rolled over. I really hope they aren't starting to stand around like EDM does when they need something to happen and just wait for Leon and McJesus to drag them over the finish line kicking and screaming. This team was supposed to be DEEEEEEP and this just looks like the Jack Hughes show.

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Exactly this.  Tonight should be a wake up call to the team that slow starts will dig you too far into a hole.  This team doesn't quit, but even with the talent they have it's hard to win a game when you start down 3-0 so early.  The second period was fun, but they were bad tonight more often than they were good, simple as that.

The first period was not all on the team, they were playing without anyone in net. A cardboard cutout would’ve done better. No doubt they were slow out of the gate but you need to be able to depend on your goalie from time to time and it seems like the team already has no confidence playing in front of Shrek. As soon as he got off the ice it was a whole new team out there in the second. Vv must have been shot, it’s not up to him to have to pick up the slack in net on his off nights, he shouldn’t have to play back to back because the other goalie has no business being here. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

3/4 of those went through Jack. Where is the rest of the talent? can't expect jack to get 4pts a night.

This team really needs a good kick in the balls to wake the fvck up. They literally played 20/60 minutes. The defense was atrocious. 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

The first period was not all on the team, they were playing without anyone in net. A cardboard cutout would’ve done better. No doubt they were slow out of the gate but you need to be able to depend on your goalie from time to time and it seems like the team already has no confidence playing in front of Shreck. As soon as he got off the ice it was a whole new team out there in the second. Vv must have been shot, it’s not up to him to have to pick up the slack in net on his off nights, he shouldn’t have to play back to back because the other goalie has no business being here. 

You sound like an emotional wreck over a young goalie slumping to start the year. He had a fine preseason and playoffs. 

And the defense was horrible basically all game. Hamilton, Bahl were better than Marino defensively which isn't great and Siegs was fine in 5v5, but wasn't good with Marino on the PK. Marino figures his game out and I think things improve. You can't have a guy like Marino playing worse than Smith in the top 4. It's that simple. 

Saying VV was shot after he wasn't much better late in the game is a lame excuse. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

You sound like an emotional wreck over a young goalie slumping to start the year. He had a fine preseason and playoffs. 

Oh yea? He played well in 1 playoff game.. 1! And you want to give him credit for having an ok “preseason”? LOL.. have fun with that. You must be a fan of participation trophies too. Vv gets hurt and we will be in a world of sh!t. Keep your blinders on. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Oh yea? He played well in 1 playoff game.. 1! And you want to give him credit for having an ok “preseason”? LOL.. have fun with that. You must be a fan of participation trophies too. Vv gets hurt and we will be in a world of sh!t. Keep your blinders on. 

Lol, funny sh!t dude. Still haven't heard which players you want to give up and haven't heard sh!t from you as far as what goalie you want. 

You're only really interested in being right and rubbing it in peoples faces when the season is still young. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I think he did have two shutouts and won all 4 games against the Rangers.  I think he had a good playoff.  Right now he is struggling, but the D wasn’t that good either. 

• Like 1

No, the goalie needs to be able to bail the team out from time to time. Shrek is incapable of doing that. 

I guess Vanecek did a great job of that in the 3rd with that defensive play.

And you accuse me of having blinders on.....funny sh!t, like i said. 

Edited by RizzMB30

If nothing else, not like anyone in the division is off to an awesome start.  Devils are one of three teams out of first place by a single point.

Fans can scream about the goalies all they want, but we know how this works…GMs aren’t knee jerk, especially this early in a new season.  Fitz isn’t going to make some miracle trade to bring in some upgrade in net anytime soon.  The Devils aren’t going to bail on VV and/or Schmid in October.

At least the Devils CAN put the puck home.  They’re rarely truly out of a game…but obviously much to clean up and tighten up.  Some of the work on the PK and D has me wondering if nASS is back and we just don’t know it.

• Like 1

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

I guess Vanecek did a great job of that in the 3rd with that defensive play. 

It’s not up to Vanecek to play back to back games.. I’m certain he was probably exhausted to begin with he should’ve never even been put in the position to have to play tonight. 

I’m glad you think so, you must’ve love Damien Bruner and Mike camalerri too

You're so spoiled. lmao. Name the goalie you want. Goaltending is down across the league right now and especially to start this season. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Just agree it is all Schmid's fault so he'll go to bed and we can all have a conversation lol.

No no no. We were having a conversation and your boy here calls someone an emotional wreck for venting about the poor goaltending. Poor form.

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

You're so spoiled. lmao. Name the goalie you want. 

I’m spoiled? Pretty sure I’ve been a fan and active on here through the last decade of sh!tty devils hockey (with the exception of last year)… not sure in what world that would make be a spoiled fan. I watched sh!t after sh!t season like everyone else for a fvcking decade.