GDT: Devils travel to Minnesota Adjective - 2 Nov @ 8p

jagknife

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

But I was told the Kids are Alright!

And this is Laf’s breakout season cause he put it all together through 5 games and got a couple goals!

Heh heh Laf had 4 goals through 7 games but it was all based on unsustainable shooting% (he was over 40%).

Due to completely expected regression, he’s now gone three games without a goal…and what’s funny is that he’s due to regress more…he’s still shooting 28.6%.  His problem remains the same:  lack of shots on goal.  14 shots over 10 games isn’t going to get it done.  He’s only managed 326 SOG over 226 GP, so this is nothing new.

He and Kakko are lucky that the Rangers are off to such a good start…those two would be getting shredded otherwise.

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Hopefully Bratt doesn’t disappear like last year from a hot start.

As long as he stays healthy, I can see him finishing with 90 - 100 points.  I happily would've signed up for 80+ coming into the season.  

After his 11-game scoring streak to start last season (5 G, 12 A), he scored 27 G and added 29 A over 71 GP...that's far from a disappearing act.  He did manage a VERY quiet 6 points in the playoffs (his only goal was an empty-netter)...I really hope he's MUCH more of a factor in the playoffs this season.  Devils will need him.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I can't wait until NJ gets to play SJ lol.

Devils beat them 9-0 back when SJ first joined the NHL.  I can see a repeat of that very easily.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As long as he stays healthy, I can see him finishing with 90 - 100 points.  I happily would've signed up for 80+ coming into the season.  

After his 11-game scoring streak to start last season (5 G, 12 A), he scored 27 G and added 29 A over 71 GP...that's far from a disappearing act.  He did manage a VERY quiet 6 points in the playoffs (his only goal was an empty-netter)...I really hope he's MUCH more of a factor in the playoffs this season.  Devils will need him.  

A difference in his game this year VS other years is that he's really driving his line and driving play for his whole line. In the past it always seemed more like Bratt did it for himself and by mostly his talent alone. He's really elevated himself and everyone on the ice with him. He's managed to bring the Jack Hughes effect into his game.

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

A difference in his game this year VS other years is that he's really driving his line and driving play for his whole line. In the past it always seemed more like Bratt did it for himself and by mostly his talent alone. He's really elevated himself and everyone on the ice with him. He's managed to bring the Jack Hughes effect into his game.

Yeah I mentioned something similar...like Jack, Bratt appears to have become that rare player that finds ways to put up points no matter who he's on the ice with.  Devils haven't had that many of those in their history, really...Elias pulled that off here and there (2003-04 and 2008-09 come to mind the most, especially 2003-04), and of course, Hall had that kind of a year in 2017-18.

2 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Didn't Bratt and Holtz work out together during the summer?

They did...Bratt seemed to be especially invested in trying to help Holtz improve (think with his skating first and foremost).