GDT - 11/7/23 Devils @ Avs 10:00pm TNT, Max

NJDfan1711

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Palat has had a bad turnover on three straight shifts

Altitude and long road trip catching up with them. 

As well as missing their two top centers.

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If they want to hold the fort down while key players are out you gotta play better than this to win. The margin for error is that much tighter when you can't count on Jack to make things happen. Bratt not as noticeable as I would prefer but they pretty much all look like crap, so whatever.

This was a flat-out dud.  The Avs just had one of their own.  It was fugly as could be.  But also the last game of a road trip without two very important players.

But not going to say it wasn’t infuriating.  It was every bit that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This was a flat-out dud.  The Avs just had one of their own.  It was fugly as could be.  But also the last game of a road trip without two very important players.  

2-2 on this trip. Not the end of the world. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

But not going to say it wasn’t infuriating.  It was every bit that.

Glad I was asleep pretty much the whole game. Sounds like I missed absolutely nothing.

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Glad I was asleep pretty much the whole game. Sounds like I missed absolutely nothing.

Was a strange game.  Devils looked great for the first 5 mins or so and then for the most part, not so much.  Colorado had an insane of odd man rushes but somehow it was a 3-3 game headed into the third.  But the final score feels “right”.

1 hour ago, Devils01 said:

I don’t get why Palat has been so bad with us. 
such a great player but nothing to show for it thus far…

The most obvious reasons are probably that he never fully bounced back from the groin surgery, and his age (and a lot of playoff miles) are starting to catch up with him. 

I don’t really buy the idea that he was just a product of all the talent around him in Tampa Bay. This Devils team has plenty of talent on offense. 

The defense was awful. Reminded me of that game in Nashville last season where they just looked out to lunch. They still hasn't settled in this year. Marino is starting to look better, Siegs looks just okay, Bahl had a bad game last night, Dougie has always played a bit higher risk higher/reward game-- he doesn't have the speed to make recoveries. Luke is just young. Maybe losing Graves is hurting more than I would have predicted.

12 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

Is that the kid from Jersey? I guess he grew up a Rag or Philthy fan? but either way F-him

Nope; grew up a die-hard Devils fan in Mercer County. I’ve heard him talk about how he was at game 6 in 2012 against the Rags. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

No kidding, I didnt see the game the other night, but didnt he cheap-shot Luke or?

He almost put Luke through the boards, and then he cross checked Timo in the face. So he can fvck off.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2