GDT: 11/14/2023 - Devils @ Jets, MSGSN, 8:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Game is still tight…pleeeeeeease for the love of God don’t wind up losing this one 6-3 or something like that.  Please no “same ol same ol in Winnipeg” yet again.

Team has a shot…c’mooooooooon!

Thanks a lot fvckers.

Lindy again proving why he’s not good enough for where this team is trying to go.  I can’t give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

C’mon Jack, it’s pretty much up to you.

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Game is still tight…pleeeeeeease for the love of God don’t wind up losing this one 6-3 or something like that.  Please no “same ol same ol in Winnipeg” yet again.

Team has a shot…c’mooooooooon!

Welp. sh!t. Just ugly.

Burn another tape.

Edited by titans04

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Boys, this team is in trouble. Better Hope Jack is back at or near 100% by Saturday or they're going to get blown out at home by the rangers.

Getting blown out game after game is the only way to shine a light on how bad Lindy is. Jack covers for him way too much and it's good that he gets exposed. 

Worst case scenario though, if they fail to make the playoffs I doubt Fitz would fire Ruff. This guy is going to be here come hell or high water.

Edited by slasher72

Just now, titans04 said:

Welp. sh!t.

Yeah I quoted myself on that one a couple posts back.  Very frustrating night.  Especially since it’s becoming obvious how useless the head coach is without Jack.  And starting to wonder what McGill brings.

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

Getting blown out game after game is the only way to shine a light on how bad Lindy is. Jack covers for him way too much and it's good that he gets exposed

Problem is that I doubt Fitz will replace him.  For one, Lindy just signed an extension.  For another, who would Fitz go to?  Green?  Dineen?  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Problem is that I doubt Fitz will replace him.  For one, Lindy just signed an extension.  For another, who would Fitz go to?  Green?  Dineen?  

Yeah Lindy isn’t getting fired. We can complain all we want, but it ain’t happening so we may as well forget it. We’re stuck with him.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Woodcroft?   I honestly don't think he was the main problem in Edmonton, just the sacrificial lamb after a rough start.  

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Lindy isn’t getting fired. We can complain all we want, but it ain’t happening so we may as well forget it. We’re stuck with him.

Jack coming back fairly soon is massive.  At least with him there’s some level of hope that the Devils can start to turn this around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Ryan pretty much summed up what I wanted to type.   It's been super disappointing to see just how ineffective this team has been without Jack and Nico.   I really expected more.   

I tend to think a better coach would get more out of them.

• Like 2

A bit too early, but I'm kinda losing hope Lindy had an idea how to right the ship. No matter how brilliant Jack is, the team just can’t become so clueless and sloppy without him. It's like some mental virus that affects everyone and anything they do. I'd rather see them find the way to win without Jack than rush him in, probably not 100%, to save them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Fitz might make a trade but I agree with CR that I don't see a coaching change happening. Even if the team is in the sh!tter....

I don't think we'll see one either.  I was just responding to his question about who is even out there [that would be a worthwhile candidate.]

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I tend to think a better coach would get more out of them.

Yeah all Lindy is doing is showing that he really was more of a passenger last year, who managed not to get in the way too much.  He deserves credit for finding ways to get the Devils back into the Rangers series, but whatever magic he might have ever had, that was used up then.  He’s just not good enough to lead this team to the next steps.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Woodcroft?   I honestly don't think he was the main problem in Edmonton, just the sacrificial lamb after a rough start.  

What’s interesting is that even though a coaching change can’t possibly be imminent, does Fitz dare consider punting away 2023-24 if this team is still scuffling 4-5 weeks from now?  Would he remain THAT convinced that Lindy is indeed the right man to take this team to a Cup in due time?