GDT: 11/16/2023 - Devils @ Penguins

RizzMB30

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I'm a humble guy, but I'd love some likes. It will make me sleep better tonight:)

I was hopeful, part of the reason being that the Devils have often been a real thorn in the Pens’ sides through the years.  Was hoping that would come into play tonight.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was hopeful, part of the reason being that the Devils have often been a real thorn in the Pens’ sides through the years.  Was hoping that would come into play tonight.

So was I and it worked. Most importantly, they played a 60 min game. Loved those empty seats in the 3rd.

• Like 3

Holtz had a plenty good all-around game tonight…even if he hadn’t scored. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, devlman said:

Liked his work ethic today. Lunch pail and hard hat kind of efforts along the boards and net front.

It was a “did a lot of good things” kind of game for him that wouldn’t necessarily show up on a scoresheet.  It was nice that he scored too, but that goal definitely didn’t define his game tonight.

The magic number for him so far:  15.  As in he’s played in all 15 games, and even with the rough edges you’d expect from a kid who’s obviously figuring things out, not once have I thought “Scratch him next game.”

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Still don’t like Lazar???? 😉

I seriously might become a Lazar homer like I did for Ryan Carter…

He had a good game for sure. I don’t like him getting more than 11 mins a night but obviously got to live with him getting more with the injury situation.

I switched to the football game (FML) and only caught part of this one, but I just watched the highlights, and boy did I need this. Great to see the young guys like Luke and Holtz have a nice game. That play where Luke set up Bratt was gorgeous. 

They really do seem to own the Penguins. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

The scream of Holtz on his goal is a blast ! Like all the frustration, the tension to show his coach, etc etc... All that is out on this scream ! Love it ! 

And i have total faith in VV to be a decent goalie on a whole season (with some poor moments of course but hey.. he is not marty) .. The problem is that he doesn't have a proper solid backup (And i would love to to love Akira but i have no faith in him)

Anyway ! It's good to break this losing streak with such a "weak lineup" 
I miss Nico ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, devlman said:

He had a good game for sure. I don’t like him getting more than 11 mins a night but obviously got to live with him getting more with the injury situation.

Oh dude I was just messing. I completely understand not wanting a bottom 6 guy to play that much. I’m just glad he is putting up respectable numbers in his fill-in role, one of the few giving us production in the wake of the core of the lineup really being devastated.

18 minutes ago, capo said:

Holtz was all over the place in this game.  Maybe it was the breakthrough for him. It was fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

He kind of reminds me of Langenbrunner, maybe a poor man's version?

He’s always reminded me of Eeli Tolvanen in Seattle.  Great shot and racked up the points before getting to the NHL and then struggled to find his game or even get his shot off when he got to The Show.  

Hopefully, we get a similar player but unlike Tolvanen, Holtz figures it out without the “change of scenery” trade.  Last night was a nice step in that direction.   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

On top of everything else, Luke was a +3 last night.  Not long until he's easily our best d-man, if he isn't already.      

He is going to be an absolute stud.  For a 20-year-old with just 17 regular season games under his belt (12 points), he's playing pretty well.

Can't imagine that being saddled with Smith has been a great help.  Hopefully Miller takes Smith's spot sooner than later.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I do not understand the Timo hate at all. Dude scores dirty goals, throws hits, annoys goalies, I don’t know what else people want. 

I think because some fans think he’s supposed to be more of a points beast…he isn’t that, never was.  30-40 goals and 30-40 assists any given season is a fair ask.  And he brings physicality on top of that.  

• Like 1