GDT - 11/22/23 Devils @ Red Wings 7:00pm MSGSN2

NJDfan1711

Two things are absolutely certain:

1)  This team doesn't practice. There's no way they could be this bad at controlling pucks, making passes, and maintaining possession if they did.

2) They don't give a fvck.  No balls, no desire to do anything positive.  Worst of all, no fear for their jobs.  They are totally outclasses, underprepared, and lifeless.

Just now, StarDew said:

Is Gallant still available?

He is and Fitz apparently was interested previously.

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Remember, goaltending IS NOT the problem. Team plays like sh!t and there is zero chance of man in goal bailing them out. Game is already over. 

You could put Vasilevsky and Shesterkin in goalie, AT THE SAME TIME, and it wouldn't matter with the way they're playing tonight.  The second goal was weak, but the other two weren't.  All 3 plays that led to goals were sh!tty turnovers because the team can't even complete a simple pass, exit the zone, or maintain puck control.  The goalie has nothing to do with that.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

He loves his grandpa, it won’t happen. 

Fitz CANNOT punt this season.  He can’t pull a Shero here.  If this continues much longer he’s gotta do SOMETHING.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It also makes you wonder why Ruff keeps going to VV

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

This. Schmid at least deserves a look no?

Last year was clearly an outlier for Vanecek. Dude is just not very good. 

I’d rather see the kid. 

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You could put Vasilevsky and Shesterkin in goalie, AT THE SAME TIME, and it wouldn't matter with the way they're playing tonight.  The second goal was weak, but the other two weren't.  All 3 plays that led to goals were sh!tty turnovers because the team can't even complete a simple pass, exit the zone, or maintain puck control.  The goalie has nothing to do with that.

Goalie needs to be able to bail them out from time to time. That’s it, not saying the three goals are all on vv but our goaltending blows and they can’t bail us out on anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’d rather see the kid. 

I am not fully disagreeing but I have to imagine a goalie's mental game is completely different when he feels like he can't trust the guys playing in front of him. I wouldn't blame him if that is where he is at. This team is a turnover machine and the defense looks like crap.

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’d rather see the kid. 

VV was average the prior two years…at this point I’d take that guy.  But yeah sadly last year is starting to look like a career year.  No way to sugarcoat it…he’s been disappointing, even if it’s not like he’s gotten much help.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Other teams have their share of breakdowns and the puck doesn’t end up in the back of the net every single time. Vanecek has been horrendous all season. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

VV was average the prior two years…at this point I’d take that guy.  But yeah sadly last year is starting to look like a career year.  No way to sugarcoat it…he’s been disappointing, even if it’s not like he’s gotten much help.

Wow, sounds like someone is changing their tune. 

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

Goalie needs to be able to bail them out from time to time. That’s it, not saying the three goals are all on vv but our goaltending blows and they can’t bail us out on anything. 

The second goal so goddamn fast was a backbreaker.

VV HAS to stop that and calm the waters.

With sh!ttier teams we expected Cory to do that. VV needs to be held to that standard.

that is something I will ABSOLUTELY agree with you on.

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

Wow, sounds like someone is changing their tune. 

I was willing to be patient with him based on his prior track record, but he’s not living up to that and sadly he’s not showing any signs of getting it going.  It’s not ALL on him, but at some point, he’s gotta be better.  It’s flat-out not happening.