GDT: Columbus @ Devils 3:00 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

No one here is saying otherwise.  Why are you having such a difficult time understanding this?

"No one" except everyone who has asserted IN THIS VERY THREAD that AS's save percentage/breakaway save tonight proves that goaltending isn't a problem.

Just scroll up a little.

If they drop these next few games, I kinda hope they also lose to the Sharks next Friday. If that wouldn't put Ruff under the microscope I don't know what would. It's obvious that Jack was carrying this team last year and was covering for Ruff's deficiencies. It's better that it's being exposed now for what it is. 

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I wouldn’t mind Hamilton getting the healthy scratch tomorrow.   

i know, I know, that means Smith is back on D but honestly, if we’re not using Dougie’s shot at the point on the PP, is there really much difference right now?   He’s been fvcking awful for a while now.   

See my post earlier -- I agree.

Hamilton should be scratched, immediate consequences be damned.

With his level of play lately the drop-off would be less than it should be anyway.

3 minutes ago, smelly said:

"No one" except everyone who has asserted IN THIS VERY THREAD that AS's save percentage/breakaway save tonight proves that goaltending isn't a problem.

Just scroll up a little.

Once again, no one has said anything of the sort.  The folks praising Schmid for his effort are merely suggesting that he should receive more playing time—a reasonable argument given Vanecek’s struggles—not that he’s the long-term solution to the Devils’ goaltending problems.

I myself don’t know if Schmid is the answer, but I appreciated his performance this afternoon, as he was not the reason why the Devils lost this game, of which the outcome shows that the team has multiple areas of concern.  Goaltending is merely one of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

the team has multiple areas of concern.  Goaltending is merely one of them.

This is true.

Fitz needs to try and address ONE of them at least now.

Lindy blaming it on the injuries in tonight's postgame -- true or not -- is immaterial.

It is getting late early. Hell, it is already late -- as a simple math/calendar problem.

Edited by smelly

26 minutes ago, smelly said:

Just scroll up a little.

Are you just intentionally dense?  Nobody's saying goaltending is 'not a problem' apart from one specific game at least...they're saying it's far from the ONLY problem here on the whole.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1