GDT: Devils vs Buffalo Fruity Drink Accessories - 25 Nov @ 7p

jagknife

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Yikes. Time for Schimdo next game. This should have been an easy night with his workload, but I'll reserve judgement until I can get eyes on the condensed game. 

Read my post.  VV wasn’t nearly as bad as the save% suggests.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I was expecting him to chirp about that for sure.

Was a weird game, in that there wasn’t much VV could’ve done on Goal 1, and absolutely nothing he could’ve done on Goal 2 (completely screened).  

We saw it for years with Brodeur.  That's not the type of game a goalie is typically going to be able to put up a great sv% because there's no margin for error.   I have no issues with VV tonight.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Yikes. Time for Schimdo next game. This should have been an easy night with his workload, but I'll reserve judgement until I can get eyes on the condensed game. 

I didn't play at a super high level but low shot games are the absolute toughest IMO.   

The comparison I've always made to friends is that a high shot game vs a low shot game is like the difference between hammering your golf drives straight at the driving range vs keeping them straight on the fairways on the golf course.  At the range, you get in a groove hitting one after the other and one or two slices mixed in doesn't really bust your groove.   On the actual golf course, where you get 14ish drives (not counting the par 3s) 8-14 minutes apart, it's a lot harder to keep those shots straight.  No one blinks at 3 goals on 40 shots even if two are softies.   VV gave up two pretty unsavable goals on 12 shots which were all like 10 minutes apart in real time.     

Edited by Lateralous

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

The skip comes back and they play arguably their best game of the season. No coincidence. 

Yes and no...I do think they got an emotional lift from the Nico return, especially being against the Sabres and the punk who they thoroughly eviscerated on the ice tonight.  But they also weren't playing anywhere near this level early in the season when Nico was in the lineup or really at all.  At least not for more than 20-25 minutes a night.  Maybe not being able to get away with their play one period a night bullsh!t against Columbus finally got it through their heads they have to play both ends of the ice and for three periods.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I didn't play at a super high level but low shot games are the absolute toughest IMO.   

The comparison I've always made to friends is that a high shot game vs a low shot game is like the difference between hammering your golf drives straight at the driving range vs keeping them straight on the fairways on the golf course.  At the range, you get in a groove hitting one after the other and one or two slices mixed in doesn't really bust your groove.   On the actual golf course, where you get 14ish drives (not counting the par 3s) 8-14 minutes apart, it's a lot harder to keep those shots straight.  No one blinks at 3 goals on 40 shots even if two are softies.   VV gave up two pretty unsavable goals on 12 shots which were all like 10 minutes apart in real time.     

Oh I know when I grew up playing goalie age 11-17 I always would prefer to get more shots. 

Getting lit up for 40 shots a night is one thing, but I would imagine goalies being really frustrated on nights where they only face 18 shots and allow 4-6 goals. Has to drive them crazy to the point where they just can't look at their own save percentages. It drives me crazy as a fan of the position. 

When our leaders are healthy, it doesn’t look bad. 8-3-1 with two of Nico-Jack-Timo on the ice. Or three with Bratt. That was the same in 2021-2022 when we had 7-1-2 with Nico-Jack-Bratt-Dougie in the game. 
Team is good. Vegas missed playoff after the trade without injury Eichel on the ice. They won Stanley cup after with him. 

• Like 5