GDT: Devils vs the Gorton’s Fishermen - 28 Nov @ 7pm

jagknife

29 minutes ago, devlman said:

I was worried they would review that. It looked extremely close. Msg didn’t even acknowledge it.

He was way ahead of McLeod and had to slam on the brakes.  I reviewed and called Toronto.....Don't bother guys it's a good goal....

Well, looks like I picked the wrong game to head out and miss the 3rd period.   The 2nd was tough to watch but glad they figured it..  Lazar is easily an upgrade from Miles Wood for 1/3 the cost.   

I'll be at the game in Philly on Thursday.  Akira better be in net.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moustic said:

Something happen to me... i start to like B.Smith ; ) 

And what kills ya is minutes before he took a horrendously stupid penalty that could have cost them this one after clawing back into it.

Instead they rally for him, kill it off, then he rewards them by smacking Lee around and THEN beating him to a literal bloody pulp 

• Like 2

Although neither game was pretty, at least the Devils were able to bank a pair of wins against the Islanders this season.  Islanders did manage a loser point in one of them, but given that team’s general lack of scoring, any game where they score four goals and fail to win is really REALLY not good.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

Remember when MSG would replay our games later that night and the next morning? Now all they play is Draft Kings and other betting shows, Booooooooo MSG

Pretty sure MSG now stands for "Mostly Spreading Gambling".  I fvcking hate it myself.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

I just want to say, I really like McLeod’s game this year.  He’s strong on the puck, he skates well, he’s great on D and PK, he can win faceoffs, and he is disciplined (only 2 PIM).  I think he is going to have his best year yet.  

He's stubbornly carved out a role for himself...it wasn't so long ago that it felt like this guy was absolutely going to wind up being a failed pick.  I know in ways, sure, you'd like to see more out of a 12OA pick, but at the same time, the games played are adding up, and it looks like he could be a solid Bottom 6/Occasional Top 6 fill-in here for several years...to the tune of 600-700 GP (of course if he's looking to cash in, he may have to sign his next deal elsewhere).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HughesCorporation said:

Remember when MSG would replay our games later that night and the next morning? Now all they play is Draft Kings and other betting shows, Booooooooo MSG

They still do, there was a replay at 1am and there's one at 10am and 12pm today too in MSGSN

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

They still do, there was a replay at 1am and there's one at 10am and 12pm today too in MSGSN

Good to know that they still squeeze in some sports in between all of the betting shows heh heh.

Seriously, has anyone met a hardcore gambler (or one who promotes gambling) who didn't seem:

1) Sleazy/slimy

2) Like he was on ten cups of coffee and/or five lines of coke

3) Convinced that he was about to win big 

4) Like a sociopath on some level (they don't care about where they get their money or who they screw over, it's all about the next big score)

5) Extremely unlikely to take any real responsibility for their actions, when their gambling has clearly become a serious problem. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Although neither game was pretty, at least the Devils were able to bank a pair of wins against the Islanders this season.  Islanders did manage a loser point in one of them, but given that team’s general lack of scoring, any game where they score four goals and fail to win is really REALLY not good.

Not to mention AND have Sorokin in net

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

Echoing what others have said. Holtz looked excellent last night. I’ve definitely been one of his bigger advocates but last night he looked even better than I thought he could. This is the player I saw during the world juniors tournament in 2020-2021. Hit he continues to develop like this, he is going to be dangerous on Jack’s wing in the future. Really his play off the puck has been on another level. He’s skating all over the place, and doing good work on the boards.

It would be nice to get a save from Vanecek, but at least none of those goals were horrendous on his part. To channel my inner Mike Brown: at the same time, you want your goalie to be able to bail you out sometimes. 

Jack, Luke, Nico, the rest of the Holtz line were also amazing. Jack has this way of adapting to other teams’ play. I think this is part of why the Devils have been such a bad first period team. Once he figures out what works and what doesn’t, he really starts to dominate. This could be mistaken for a coaching adjustment, which I don’t think it is. 

Dougie has not been great but it’s a bummer if he’s out. Maybe Nemec gets a couple of games. 

• Like 3

Always liked McCleod, and for the price?  If Dougie is out for now, I wonder if they'll bring up Nemec or move Smith back on D. I like Smith as a fw. He brings physicality  Like everyone else, I have concerns about VV. We're no longer hearing "Vitek" from the faithful. We keep hearing fitz has his ear to the rail for what might be available. Yes you hear stupid sh>t (on Twitter) with names  like Gibson, or Varlomov.  I guess we'll see what happens

• Like 2