Jump to content

GDT: Devils vs the Gorton’s Fishermen - 28 Nov @ 7pm


jagknife

Recommended Posts

Just now, Nicomo said:

Everyone realizes the goaltending is a huge issue at this point, but the coaching and system absolutely matters. If you think teams would keep getting these wide open looks night after night, after night under a task master type coach you’re crazy. 

Exactly.  No one here is saying that goaltending isn’t a problem, but even the best goalie on the planet would have difficulty erasing the mistakes of the Devils’ defensemen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Nah, they were legit great that game. 

They were indeed great. 
 

And VV basically didn’t have to play. 
 

Winning combo. 
 

 

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Exactly.  No one here is saying that goaltending isn’t a problem, but even the best goalie on the planet would have difficulty erasing the mistakes of the Devils’ defensemen.

If they had the best goalie on the planet this exact same team would look a lot better in the standings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 min to show up. Dougie has become a liability imo. No scoring, turnovers, and poor defense is all he brings. I have a bad feeling Sorokin will shut the door. Their D block shots and keep us at the perimeter where we eventually lose the puck. We need to really jump them like we did Buffalo. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

And btw those aren’t farts. It’s all the hot air from everyone who told me I was a fool when I started saying this in April. 

No one told you that. People just wanted to see what this tandem could do after a nice season last year. Simple as that. 

There’s no reason to keep being so obnoxious about it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

20 min to show up. Dougie has become a liability imo. No scoring, turnovers, and poor defense is all he brings. I have a bad feeling Sorokin will shut the door. Their D block shots and keep us at the perimeter where we eventually lose the puck. We need to really jump them like we did Buffalo. 

Dougie has been so, so bad lately. Idgaf what the advanced stats say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devs64 said:

20 min to show up. Dougie has become a liability imo. No scoring, turnovers, and poor defense is all he brings. I have a bad feeling Sorokin will shut the door. Their D block shots and keep us at the perimeter where we eventually lose the puck. We need to really jump them like we did Buffalo. 

It would be nice to see what this group could accomplish if they played with intensity for longer than twenty minutes at a time.  If Saturday’s game is any indication, they are capable of playing well for more than one period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, smelly said:

 No. But I have a lot of posts flagging this for months when everyone else naively and dismissively said everything was perfectly fine. 

So you’re more interested in I told you so’s and being antagonistic than actually talking hockey. Got it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No one told you that. People just wanted to see what this tandem could do after a nice season last year. Simple as that. 

There’s no reason to keep being so obnoxious about it. 

That’s simply untrue. 
 

Go back starting with the offseason thread started immediately after Game 5 against Carolina and the rest of the summer. 
 

Talk about obnoxious. Way over the line. 
 

 

Edited by smelly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It would be nice to see what this group could accomplish if they played with intensity for longer than twenty minutes at a time.  If Saturday’s game is any indication, they are capable of playing well for more than one period.

Or if the adjustments were more significant than line blenders

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So you’re more interested in I told you so’s and being antagonistic than actually talking hockey. Got it. 

Not so much. 
 

I was talking about hockey. Look at my original two posts tonite. 
 

The subsequent ones are only in direct response to the sarcastic reax above. 
 

And btw, I told you so. 

 

Edited by smelly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It would be nice to see what this group could accomplish if they played with intensity for longer than twenty minutes at a time.  If Saturday’s game is any indication, they are capable of playing well for more than one period.

They sure are, they just don't. I have mixed up feelings: hope vs doubt. Let's see which one wins tonight. 

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So you’re more interested in I told you so’s and being antagonistic than actually talking hockey. Got it. 

And what I have been most interested in all along is Fitz finally doing something to address this bleeding, gaping wound before the season has for all purposes slipped away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hold the fvck up, Miller makes a bad play, gets benched.

Smith does that CONSTANTLY and gets forward time?!

Seriously fvck right off Lindy

I’m listening to the radio broadcast, and Matt and Chico are talking about this.  Chico, in particular, seems irritated because the Devils’ defensemen collectively have been giving the Islanders’ forwards too much space in which to get their shots off.  Why single out Miller when everyone has been bad?

Edited by ButlerBulldog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.