GDT: Devils @ Creamsicle Wannabe Aviators - 30 Nov @ 7p

jagknife

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Why though?  He's scored a little for the Sharks this year, but he's also getting more ice time out of sheer necessity (the way that some grinders wind up scoring 15 goals for an expansion team, because they're getting Top 6 minutes).  He's already 24 years old.  I don't think anything would be wildly different if he was still here...guys like Zetterlund and Boqvist just didn't do enough to stick around, given where this team is trying to get to.

Nothing against him, but if he's part of a deal to bring in a guy like Timo (who's less than three years older than Zetterlund), I make that deal every time.    

I make the deal every time too. I didn't say I wish the trade never happened, just that Fitz could have found a way to keep Zetterlund.

Why? This team is getting fvcked by injuries, I liked the energy he brought, and he's a stronk boi. He beats the sh!t out of Smith up hill both ways in the snow. Too bad he couldn't have thrown in Clarke instead.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

I dunno, the leafs made it work. Wings could for sure.

I disagree. It’s all subjective of course, but I just think a colored helmet with a white jersey looks ridiculous. It clashes, and it looks stupid.  

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Were we experimenting in the DET with black helmets with white jerseys? I thought they stood out in a bad way. 

They did stand out in a bad way. And we got fvcking clobbered in the game. So I don’t wanna see that look ever again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I disagree. It’s all subjective of course, but I just think a colored helmet with a white jersey looks ridiculous. It clashes, and it looks stupid.  

They did stand out in a bad way. And we got fvcking clobbered in the game. So I don’t wanna see that look ever again.

I think the leafs worked for me cause they don’t have blue shoulders. It broke up the white.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I make the deal every time too. I didn't say I wish the trade never happened, just that Fitz could have found a way to keep Zetterlund.

Why? This team is getting fvcked by injuries, I liked the energy he brought, and he's a stronk boi. He beats the sh!t out of Smith up hill both ways in the snow. Too bad he couldn't have thrown in Clarke instead.

Fitz was able to keep Holtz, Mercer, and Casey. You have to give up something.