GDT: Devils @ Creamsicle Wannabe Aviators - 30 Nov @ 7p

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Watching the breakdown of the Frost goal and I have no idea what Bastian was doing. 

Dude really needs to be phased out in favor of Lazar. 

Yeah Bastian’s definitely been one of the first-quarter disappointments, no question.  

• Like 3

Ok boys…try to put together 20 solid minutes.  I suspect you’re going to be on your own in trying to make that happen.

14 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Seriously.  Although Torts looks considerably older than he did during his Rangers tenure, he still coaches with the same intensity.  Lindy would be a solid coach for a veteran team that polices itself, but he’s not the right man for the Devils.

Hard disagree. I think Ruff is plenty intense and that it's fine. He was and is a great fit. I would be sad to see him go. I mean he has to go if he loses the room, but I think there would be pretty clear indicators that players that are as talented as Jack and Nico would have soured on Lindy. Jack Hughes is a speaks his mind kind of a dude and not a super subtle guy. 

THAT is when Lindy is in trouble. I don't think he's lost the room. When you listen to the players speak in pre- and post-game, you'll notice that themes of what the players say are very much in line with the kind of themes that Lindy talks about as his message. That's just not a sign of a lost room or a dejected room that's giving up. 

Just my two cents. I know most people have Ruff in the hot seat around here.

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Hard disagree. I think Ruff is plenty intense and that it's fine. He was and is a great fit. I would be sad to see him go. I mean he has to go if he loses the room, but I think there would be pretty clear indicators that players that are as talented as Jack and Nico would have soured on Lindy. Jack Hughes is a speaks his mind kind of a dude and not a super subtle guy. 

THAT is when Lindy is in trouble. I don't think he's lost the room. When you listen to the players speak in pre- and post-game, you'll notice that themes of what the players say are very much in line with the kind of themes that Lindy talks about as his message. That's just not a sign of a lost room or a dejected room that's giving up. 

I think they need someone who’s smarter and a better tactician.  And who has more of a stronger system.  Lots of running around in their own end and not enough adjustments made to the other team making adjustments.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Just my two cents. I know most people have Ruff in the hot seat around here.

I don’t think the players have given up, as they’ve enough time to make up ground in the division, but Jack has been more critical of the team’s play of late.  While he’s never mentioned Lindy by name, he has spoken more than once about an air of complacency among certain members of the group, which might be an indication he has reservations about the way the team’s being coached.  That said, last season’s success probably bought Lindy enough runway he survives the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Remember when we wanted Dougie to sit for just a game…

… can they do that to Seigs, holy sh!t dude

Yeah he has not been good for chunks of this first quarter

• Like 1