GDT: Devils vs Sharkfin Soup - 1 Dec @ 7pm

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Toronto, perennially

Since Toronto went into win now mode they frequently finish near the top of their division during the season with Tampa and Boston. I can't remember them struggling to stay in the race. Yea they sh!t the bed in the playoffs but they make the playoffs and it doesn't look like it is in question during the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

VV should have his confidence in the toilet. Akira faced almost 50 shots last night and Lindy still thought it was a better idea to play him over VV.

Pick your poison.

It's not like Lindy has a winning hand -- they both suck.

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Reminds me of the ‘96 team losing to that awful Ottawa team in the last game of the season to miss the playoffs. That ‘96 Ottawa team was absolutely terrible.

True. But at least they had something to play for - killing our playoff dreams. 

19 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

VV should have his confidence in the toilet. Akira faced almost 50 shots last night and Lindy still thought it was a better idea to play him over VV.

This is honestly concerning. I missed most of this game due to work but am watching all the recaps now. This season is honestly just turning into a huge disappointment. Needed to win this game to get a stab back into the standings and from what I’m collecting, wasn’t even close. Glad I chose to work Ot because I almost gave it up to go tonight. Would’ve been wasted money. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Why are we looking at this list vs the one that has their real cap hit? Marino might get paid 5.250M but he only counts 4.4M against the cap.

It was a reply to someone calling for the team to shed overpaid bums. This is what these guys take home regardless of cap hit. That was the point, to show as of right now they ain't providing a great ROI.  That's all. 

• Like 2

The goaltending is obviously an issue but:

Goal #1 - Meier with a bad turnover and a garbage effort to recover and get his man who scored 

Goal #2 - Luke, what are you doing?  

Goal #3 - Jack, what are you doing?

Goal #4 - Marino, what are you doing?

These guys are playing way too loose and that’s on the coach to fix.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smelly said:

Pick your poison.

It's not like Lindy has a winning hand -- they both suck.

And I’ve noticed and have been saying this for a while here and people were after my head. It is what it is, last year was a career year for vv I knew he wasn’t going to do that again( I don’t have a magic 8 ball but I was pretty damn certain) and every time I said goaltending was going to be a major issue I got attacked, now everyone is finally coming to terms with what it is we have here. 

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

The goaltending is obviously an issue but:

Goal #1 - Meier with a bad turnover and a garbage effort to recover and get his man who scored 

Goal #2 - Luke, what are you doing?  

Goal #3 - Jack, what are you doing?

Goal #4 - Marino, what are you doing?

These guys are playing way too loose and that’s on the coach to fix.  

1.28 xGA

Everything you say is baked into that number.

It was the goaltending.  Full stop.

15 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Dougie.. Marino... Siegs, Timo, Bratt... Palat...Haula...take your pick. 

Screenshot_2023-12-01-21-11-45-14_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.thumb.jpg.b7fa88298e4bee38175159710d9c549b.jpg

Gotta be honest here too, with all the hype of him coming in I honestly thought timo was going to be more than what he is. He’s definitely good at certain things, fills a void for a more physical role.. but Iam far from convinced he was the guy we should’ve gave that haul up for and locked down. Starting to realize he wasn’t the answer I think we thought he was. With him you have to realize yes he had like 40 goals last year on a sh!t team but he was the go to guy. Now he’s on what’s supposed to be a deep talented team, he’s not the go to guy anymore and he’s not doing enough for that haul and salary. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

If you watched that game and think goaltending is the only issue, I’m not sure what to say.   

Straw man much?

That's not what I said at all.

To dumb it down for you, my statement means that even with all of those things happening the advanced stats make it clear that they still should have only given up less than two goals.

The rest was on AS.

Edited by smelly

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Straw man much?

That's not why I said at all.

To dumb it down for you, I said that even with all of those things happening the advanced stats make it clear that they still should have only given up less than two goals.

The rest was on AS.

No, you actually didn’t say that at all.  You literally just posted the comment less than 5 minutes ago.  Go re-read it.