GDT: Devils vs Sharkfin Soup - 1 Dec @ 7pm

jagknife

6 hours ago, bostondevil11 said:

That was the worst game I have ever gone to. To make it even worse I accidently got on the wrong amtrak train. Instead of heading south to Baltimore I went north back to NYC. 🤬 Which meant I would miss my actual train and have to get another ticket for the train in 2 hours didn't get home until 3:30. To make it worse I ended up killing those two hours in a rangers bar. I am glad the Devils are out west this week so I can pretend they don't exist I am so mad.

Obviously the train thing isn't the Devils fault but NHL games are too damn expensive anymore to have complete f'ing duds like the night you were there.   

• Like 3

19 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Do we think vv could be dealing and working through some type of injury and that’s part of the reason they chose to play schmid after having faced (I believe) 40ish shots just the night prior? I couldn’t wrap my head around why they were playing him back to back especially after that kind of work load the night before. 

It’s possible he’s hurt but I suspect that he’s mentally erratic or has lost the coach’s confidence.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

No. It’s mental if anything, imo. Anyway, I seem to be in the minority, but I don’t really blame Ruff for going right back to Schmid against SJ. Vanecek has been so bad lately I wouldn’t want to play him either. 

Speaking of the Sharks, they actually hung 5 on the Rags tonight (lost 6-5). 

Deadwood still finding ways to hurt the Devils even when he’s not on the team

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:47 AM, smelly said:

The advanced stats don’t support this. Not even close. The Devils outperformed the Sharks by ten country miles. 

The Devils did outperform, I’m not disputing that.  All I’m saying that the goals allowed were because of bad D.  That could limit all the shots they want, but if they are giving up golden opportunities they will lose.