official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

Posted (edited)

Went to the Red Bulls vs nycfc game tonight at citi field. Going out there fvcking sucks, place is a bit of a dump too. Don't know how any of you Mets fans actually deal with going out there on a regular basis. The drive was an absolute nightmare to and from the place (it would have taken way longer to take public transportation there so I was never doing that in the first place) 

Edited by Satans Hockey

23 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I work in Haledon and the sky just went black within a matter of minutes 

Big time ditto. Trees down all over the complex. I have to be in Bridgewater at 11:30. Cripes!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For the NJ people here is Wawa any good? They just opened their first location here in Cincinnati (supposedly getting about a dozen more). I guess they’re mostly known for their coffee and sandwiches?

Edited by Nicomo

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

For the NJ people here is Wawa any good? They just opened their first location her in Cincinnati (supposedly getting about a dozen more). I guess they’re mostly known for their coffee and sandwiches?

They were basically QuickCheck before QuickCheck existed. It's like the Northeast version of a Tim Hortons, which we now have a couple of over here in NJ

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

They were basically QuickCheck before QuickCheck existed. It's like the Northeast version of a Tim Hortons, which we now have a couple of over here in NJ

Tim Hortons I’ve been to in Canada. It’s ok. I prefer Dunkin for coffee. 

Wawa is great for grabbing a sub late night after hockey or a concert.  The one by me also has 91 octane petrol which is hard to find.  Saves me the extra dough so I don't have to fuel up with 93.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

For the NJ people here is Wawa any good? They just opened their first location here in Cincinnati (supposedly getting about a dozen more). I guess they’re mostly known for their coffee and sandwiches?

Heh heh they're such a staple here that I forget that they're not necessarily everywhere else.

I don't go into convenience stores that much, but yeah, I'd say most Wawa locations are about on par with Quick Cheks.  I don't know about the Wawas opening up by you, but in recent years both QCs and Wawas are becoming gas stations/hybrid recharge/convenience stores.  7-11s and Krauszer stores tend to be a little "seedier" out in NJ.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh they're such a staple here that I forget that they're not necessarily everywhere else.

I don't go into convenience stores that much, but yeah, I'd say most Wawa locations are about on par with Quick Cheks.  I don't know about the Wawas opening up by you, but in recent years both QCs and Wawas are becoming gas stations/hybrid recharge/convenience stores.  7-11s and Krauszer stores tend to be a little "seedier" out in NJ.  

The 7/11s and Krausers by me are glorified bodegas

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

The 7/11s and Krausers by me are glorified bodegas

Yeah that’s a perfect description.

There’s a convenience store in Phillipsburg called “Paul Mart”, heh heh. Always found that amusing.

22 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I miss wawa :(

I haven’t been to a Wawa in like 25 years. They were clearing land for one less than 5 minutes from my house in Florida for the last month or so… but now we moved to Texas so now I won’t even get to re-hack the Wawa trip just down the street! It was going to be so. Damn. Close.

33 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

how bout that Belichick?! 

Dude found himself a hell of a gold digger heh heh.  Legalized prostitution at its finest.

So we took the boys to their second baseball game ever last night, another AA contest, and of course they get to see a combined no-hitter, five years old, have basically no clue what’s happening and they probably will only remember the one winged bee that was near us during part of the game hahah

• Haha 3