official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Enjoyed him in everything I saw of his, R.I.P. 

Same, enjoyed much of his work through the years (who could forget that creepy point and scream at the end of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake?), very sorry to see him go.  Had a hell of a career.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same, enjoyed much of his work through the years (who could forget that creepy point and scream at the end of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake?), very sorry to see him go.  Had a hell of a career.   

Definitely what most people probably think of him for. Don’t Look Now and Klute are also both great. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Definitely what most people probably think of him for. Don’t Look Now and Klute are also both great. 

I remember him most for Animal House because that was first movie that I saw that Donald Sutherland was in. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I remember him most for Animal House because that was first movie that I saw that Donald Sutherland was in. 

Karen Allen was initially not comfortable with showing her behind…so Donald said “Tell you what, I’ll show mine too!”, to help put her at ease.  That’s why that scene turned out the way that it did, heh heh.

• Like 1

The a/c started blowing hot air.  Entire HVAC less than 2 y old. Find local business...local like less 1 mile from here. They come right over. Seems guys I purchased hvac never replaced drain when installing new unit. Kept the old one. Instead of overheating it has emergency shut off and it worked. Cleans out drain all is good again. I am so happy. Radiation treatments making me nauseous and the heat was making it worse. Good to know it will cool off in here. 🙏 

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 4

9 minutes ago, StarDew said:

The a/c started blowing hot air.  Entire HVAC less than 2 y old. Find local business...local like less 1 mile from here. They come right over. Seems guys I purchased hvac never replaced drain when installing new unit. Kept the old one. Instead of overheating it has emergency shut off and it worked. Cleans out drain all is good again. I am so happy. Radiation treatments making me nauseous and the heat was making it worse. Good to know it will cool off in here. 🙏 

Keeping you in my prayers, stay positive and stay hydrated. My mother recently finished 6 weeks of radiation so I know it's no picnic. You got this Star

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

2 hours ago, StarDew said:

All the best, Star

and don’t forget to drop a cup of white vinegar every so often down the drain of your ac unit. They should have a blue colored top to the PVC leading outside. It’ll keep the smell out and the condensation flowing out of your drain pan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ last night. Went in thinking it was going to be one of those “comedies” that think they’re deeper than they really are but it ended up being a well dramedy. Some drama, some hysterical parts. I thought it was worth the price of admission for sure.

sad part was only like 18 people were in a 400 seat theatre, woof

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Saw ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ last night. Went in thinking it was going to be one of those “comedies” that think they’re deeper than they really are but it ended up being a well dramedy. Some drama, some hysterical parts. I thought it was worth the price of admission for sure.

I don't think they did a great job marketing the film because this is literally the first time I'm hearing about it lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don't think they did a great job marketing the film because this is literally the first time I'm hearing about it lmao

The only preview I saw was months ago, and it highlighted the shooting of the fake moon landing. So I went in thinking it would be one of those Pitt/Clooney type “comedies” (I put it in quotes cause I still can’t figure out the right genre to label it. Like Life Aquatic, or Burn After Reading)

then my friend the other day was like “I’m still down to watch the kids so you and the wife can have a date night” and we went into scramble mode for anything playing last night haha

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Saw ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ last night.

Ticket prices probably have more to do with that too. I only go on Tuesdays because it's discount day so it's $8 a movie which they just raised from $7. If I go at night any other day it's something ridiculous like $16-18. Even at the discount Tuesday price I only go see movies I must see on the big screen. Otherwise I'll just wait the few months and watch from home. 

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ticket prices probably have more to do with that too. I only go on Tuesdays because it's discount day so it's $8 a movie which they just raised from $7. If I go at night any other day it's something ridiculous like $16-18. Even at the discount Tuesday price I only go see movies I must see on the big screen. Otherwise I'll just wait the few months and watch from home. 

Yeah ticket prices in the Northeast are insane to me. last night was $12 a ticket, but that $4 difference does make a big difference for a risk of a film.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I dont think its staged, but 100% agree this is an absolute mess

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

it sounds like a .22 caliber gun, 3 shots first volley, 4-5 second

It doesn't even matter if it's staged or not because it happened and it's going to be an absolute disaster for our country going forward. Wasn't sure to bring it up or not in here but it's such huge news no matter who you like politically and personally I hate them all. None of them care about us. 

• Like 1