GDT: Edmonton @ Devils 7:30 PM ESPN+/Hulu

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, capo said:

Fitz's legacy is riding with Lindy too.  The jury is still out on what he's done so far as well. If the Devils miss the playoffs this year he could be on the hot seat. Shero was doing pretty well at one point too.

I'm hoping at worst, its similar to Colorado having their one off season before becoming a constant threat again. Really would rather not miss playoffs, but it is what it is I guess. Granted, still a lot of hockey left in a super tight conference. They're not out yet

Just now, Nicomo said:

No way I’d be ok with missing the playoffs if I’m the owners. They let Fitz spend to the cap, and give out big contracts to guys like Timo and Bratt. If Lindy can’t produce results with this roster he needs to go. 

Especially if you have an extra 9 mil of cap space to play with since dougie is out

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Especially if you have an extra 9 mil of cap space to play with since dougie is out

They have to be careful with that space because it's only for this year.  They can't afford a cap crunch when they some big second contracts coming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HughesCorporation said:

Looks like its a good thing I cant watch this game ? yes/no?

Only down by one and yet another game where Idiot’s team looked much less prepared than his opponents, but still in it, and Edmonton gives up their fair share of goals.  Could be worse.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No way I’d be ok with missing the playoffs if I’m the owners. They let Fitz spend to the cap, and give out big contracts to guys like Timo and Bratt. If Lindy can’t produce results with this roster he needs to go. 

Thing is 1/5 of their cap is either on IR (Dougie) or useless due to injury (Timo) atm.

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Thing is 1/5 of their cap is either on IR (Dougie) or useless due to injury (Timo) atm.

They’re relatively healthy other than Dougie at this point, I hope that doesn’t buy Lindy an excuse. There are coaches doing far more with less (look at Torts in Philly). 

9 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

since I cant watch this one, tell me is Schmid sucking or were the 2 goals legit?????

Schmid was pulled after the second goal (VV took over), but yeah, goals were more on bad D than him.  I think Lindy was just looking to shake things up.

• Like 1